+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Phil Jones ...

Phil Jones ...

Looks to have earnt himself a nice tidy pay rise I see.
    Weird one. He left us an excellent player. He was touted (by that lot) as being turned into the next Duncan Edwards. He had everything going for him as he walked out of his early career at Ewood. He has gone backwards at Man Utd. Ferguson never brought him on as a player. He didn't improve. He didn't learn the art of defending and becoming a great CB. Last season he suffered at the hands of Moyes. And he looks completely lost it his back 3 they now employ. Yet his reward is a big pay rise? Will that make him hungry to succeed and get better? Wondering what people's views are ...

re: Phil Jones ...

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    Looks to have earnt himself a nice tidy pay rise I see.
    Weird one. He left us an excellent player. He was touted (by that lot) as being turned into the next Duncan Edwards. He had everything going for him as he walked out of his early career at Ewood. He has gone backwards at Man Utd. Ferguson never brought him on as a player. He didn't improve. He didn't learn the art of defending and becoming a great CB. Last season he suffered at the hands of Moyes. And he looks completely lost it his back 3 they now employ. Yet his reward is a big pay rise? Will that make him hungry to succeed and get better? Wondering what people's views are ...
    As AS ranted, international players at 21 on millions wanting to put the groundwork or even basics in...forget it !

Until they are back on our planet forget any kind of endeavour from our 'stars'

I thought he would go on to be the next John Terry and also be the next England captain. The way he is going I can't see that now.

Man Utd ruin frigging loads of players. Fergie didn't do anything to improve Jones. And he does look to be going backwards.

Then again Rooney has been going backwards for years, and he has had quite a few pay hikes. For very pay increase these guys gets, most get less and less interested in improving. With the likes of Ronaldo being the polar opposite.

Pay on performance and watch the buggers sweat, that would sort the men from the prima-donnas, I would welcome him back here with open arms.

i think his weakness is that he`s too nice..

file alongside `tiny` taylor..

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)