+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Point gained?

re: Point gained?

We were certainly on top first half so i am not sure what led to the turn around in the second half but all we seemed to do was knock it high and aimless that swirled out or onto the head of the Livi defence.Maybe our lack of options are biting now and i think we are missing Mitchell on the attacking side and Holt is not as prominent in attack at the moment.
    I never had a great view of the penalty but only Zander seemed to prolong arguing the decision.Not much in Fowler,s bookings but he will be annoyed at the area of the pitch he got the second for.
    Livi pressed hard the second half and played more football than Queens.Jamieson made a cracking save from Kidd and the two Jacobs brothers seemed to be everywhere but the one at right back should have been carded earlier on.After bigging up White he was second best to Higgins and Durnan.
    Best for Queens were Higgins and Russell.Russell beat players at will and probably should have scored first half rather bthan pass inside.
    A disappointing

I agree we are missing Mitchell at right back but what a very decent job Dowie ( centre half remember ) is doing there , showing how versatile he is. Its a concern that even when Mitchell comes back , he will take a few weeks to get match fit. Damn rotten luck to have so many injuries with a ball hardly kicked but let's face it , the rest of the squad are doing an admirable job in the meantime .

JRSLEFTPEG asks if I would agree that in Livingston's case they would see QOS as a team they should be looking to defeat.
    I think that the Championship is going to develop into three leagues within one league. At the top I expect to find Hearts, Hibs and Rangers: at the bottom I expect to find Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton: and wedged in the middle will be Falkirk, Livingston, Queen of the South and Raith Rovers, although I suspect that Falkirk's fans will argue that it should be included in a top group of four. I don't expect that we shall pick up many, if any, points from the top three: and I hope that we shall not drop many, if any, points to the bottom three (and we have made a good start in this respect with a home win against Alloa and an away win against Dumbarton). Thereafter, I expect it to be a dogfight amongst the rest to establish who finishes in the top half of the table and who finishes in the bottom half. Falkirk probably expect to take more points from Queens than

Not sure why Hibs are getting automatically lumped in with Hearts and Rangers. I've seen them several times over the last 12 months and they are poor to say the least. I know the standard of the Championship isn't great, but Hibs are undistinguished enough to fit right in. The title race will be between Hearts and Rangers. None of the Hibs fans I know think they are capable of challenging for anything other than a play-off place. To assume that we will be lucky to get any points against Hibs is to grossly overestimate them.

Hi Cresswell. I tend to look on a draw against Livy with no great dissapointment . In fact , playing the last twenty mins with ten men and its well acceptable . Livingston are no mugs but we are better and will prove it over a season. Results will be up and down with no one apart from the rangers and Hearts capable of putting together a sustained run. Last point is that I would not be surprised if we finished fourth and possibly third.

JRSLEFTPEG, you leave me in a quandary. I don't know whether to admire your optimism or pity you as a fantasist. I'll be content if we finish in the top half of the table, very surprised if we finish fourth and utterly astonished if we finish third. Time will tell which of us is correct: but, believe me, I won't be unhappy if it turns out to be you.

Money, Eugene, money. Success in football is mainly, but not exclusively, down to money. Despite their very poor season last year Hibs still managed to average more than 11,000 at their home games (with Hearts managing more than 14,000 and Rangers more than 42,000). Falkirk managed just over 3,000, but none of the rest, including Queens, came close to 2,000; and three Championship teams couldn't even manage 1,000. It stands to reason that Hibs will outperform most teams in the league although I agree, as you imply, that Hibs are likely to be the disappointed team out of the group of Hearts, Hibs and Rangers when promotion/play- off places are allocated.

Not sure how some are coming to the conclusion its 2 points dropped. We had the best chances the 1st half, they dominated the 2nd. It was a worthy point all day long.

I think it was utterly stupid of fiwler to get sent off if mckenna done that he would be getting ripped into a player of his experience should not be doing that

I completely disagree with it being a three horse race I think if we can stay close to the top 4 wen our injury problem is over I think 1 of 4 clubs could win the league

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)