+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saints Smash Eight

Saints Smash Eight

Never thought i would see it in my lifetime, and after just getting home, i am still shocked at how easy we made it look, and to be fair we should have had the record premiership score in the bag.

Where do i start, on the warm up the Mackems looked well up for it, and to be fair for 10 to 15 mins gave us a game, but after that goal... we never looked like losing.
    Our midfield took control with Davis outstanding, and Corkie not far behind, and with Pelle getting better by the game, we really looked the buisiness.
    The two wing backs Clyne and Bertrand never stopped pressing and getting quality crosses in, and Tadic must have a premier record for assists in a game.

Ok two own goals, but both came about by our harrassing their defence.
    We looked composed and ready to take anything that was thrown at us.

Man of the match ?... very difficult, but Cork ,Davis, Pelle, Clyne, Bertrand would all be in the mix, but i give it to RoKo, he got it spot on again today, and i still

re: Saints Smash Eight

Cheers for that Tumbles but I bet we're still last on MOTD.

Just read somewhere that we're first on, blimey!

Premier League's biggest wins
    Manchester United 9-0 Ipswich, March 1995

Newcastle United 8-0 Sheffield Wednesday, September 1999

Tottenham Hotspur 9-1 Wigan Athletic, November 2009

Chelsea 8-0 Wigan Athletic, May 2010

Chelsea 8-0 Aston Villa, December 2012

Southampton 8-0 Sunderland, October 2014

[quote="tumbles"]Never thought i would see it in my lifetime, and after just getting home, i am still shocked at how easy we made it look, and to be fair we should have had the record premiership score in the bag.

Where do i start, on the warm up the Mackems looked well up for it, and to be fair for 10 to 15 mins gave us a game, but after that goal... we never looked like losing.
    Our midfield took control with Davis outstanding, and Corkie not far behind, and with Pelle getting better by the game, we really looked the buisiness.
    The two wing backs Clyne and Bertrand never stopped pressing and getting quality crosses in, and Tadic must have a premier record for assists in a game.

Ok two own goals, but both came about by our harrassing their defence.
    We looked composed and ready to take anything that was thrown at us.

Man of the match ?... very difficult, but Cork ,Davis, Pelle, Clyne, Bertrand would all be in the mix, but i give it to RoKo

Tumbles (and all others) - fair play to you too. I think I've run out of comebacks after that. Whilst I'm sure that Sunderland must have been utterly awful (and god knows what Poyet said to them at half time to make them even worse after the break), you've still got to have the personnel to take advantage of it.

Whilst I obviously cannot wish you good luck in your Champions League quest, I seriously think you have a chance. Liverpool are awful, god knows what is happening at Arsenal, and Man Utd are in transition (although seem most likely to turn it round). The top 2 look different class to everyone else, but below them it's up for grabs.

Anyway, congrats on your big win...sometimes you've just got to hold your hands up.

Quote Originally Posted by TurktownAnt
    Fair play to you and all Scum. TTA.
    Blimey, Turktown - for someone from the dark side, that's positively charitable.

Hope you're still feeling OK when you re-read it this morning.

ISWYDT Papa

And fair play to our plucky neighbours,holding the mighty Bury to only 3 (THREE) was an awesome effort and worthy of a mention.

thought your shout on motm was good, thought tadic and spiderman were good to.

Basically centre backs had little to do (as sunderlund were poor) and the rest of the team were terrific. I was at the game and it will live long after this season!!

Awesome
    Andysaint

As others have said, although Sunderland were poor, you still need to put them to the sword. And we did.

Trying to keep my feet on the ground, because last season, we also did well against our "peer group" teams, but picked up very few points from the "elite"group.

So far we have played two from that top group, and although we deserved at least 1 point from each game, we got nothing.
    Can't wait to see how we shape up against the next big team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast