+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A distant opinion

A distant opinion

I have supported the Alex for nigh on 60 years and a season ticket holder for many years. Since moving down here I have rarely seen the lads play this past 10 years although I was at the last playoff final.

After the Rochdale defeat I read with interest the comments made by SD to the effect that the defeat surprised him as he considered the defence would be sound and it was only our attacking ability that he had doubts about.

So, I am not sure if I am entitled to pass an opinion but the way I see it I think SD is on another planet. Has he forgotten that last season we had one of the worst defences in the league and up to now there has been no improvement.

I know that his hands are probably tied as to what he can do by NH but come on SD be honest and stop making such crass comments. The fans know the defence is crap even if you cannot see it or won't admit it.

re: A distant opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Worcesterman
    I have supported the Alex for nigh on 60 years and a season ticket holder for many years. Since moving down here I have rarely seen the lads play this past 10 years although I was at the last playoff final.

After the Rochdale defeat I read with interest the comments made by SD to the effect that the defeat surprised him as he considered the defence would be sound and it was only our attacking ability that he had doubts about.

So, I am not sure if I am entitled to pass an opinion but the way I see it I think SD is on another planet. Has he forgotten that last season we had one of the worst defences in the league and up to now there has been no improvement.

I know that his hands are probably tied as to what he can do by NH but come on SD be honest and stop making such crass comments. The fans know the defence is crap even if you cannot see it or won't admit it.
    I mentioned the honesty angle on another thread. SD is neither h

Without Garratt today it could have easily been 6 or 7 never mind 2. I was really annoyed when we conceded the second. Moly picked it up, held it for to long and then it was 2-0. What Davis sees in him is beyond me!

I disagree with all of the post match comments that I have heard off Steve,but feel that he is being allowed to take all the flack at the moment.
    The silence of the Chairman & board members is deafening, come out and be fair to paying CUSTOMERS and make a statement as to why we are in the apparent pennyless state as we are expected to beleive.

Maybe allowing us to get in for free v bolton would be a start!