+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Club's Finances?

Club's Finances?

Many angry fans on P&G and basically asking the same questions and some questioning the academy which has been done to death on here. But the chairman needs to be a bit more pro active in providing all the relevant financial information about why we can't do this or that and maybe allow fans to write in with suggestions and not ignored but try to address these concerns. I don't think the annual general meeting does this and so if they read this site, Then these are the minimum questions I can think of and others will have some too but Mr Bowler can you say:

1. What is the total expenditure of the club on.

a) The actual cost for players wages for the first team squad.

b) The management costs of running the first team squad. eg SD/NB/ANY OTHER including Dario's wages.

c)* I was going to add other costs of ground maintenance and shop and fitness coaches next but leave all that on one side for now. It could go here though.

d) The running costs of the academy at RH, staff, buildings, a

re: Club's Finances?

a: what have we have received in transfer cash over the last 20 years
    b: what has the accademy cost over the last 20 years

c=a-b, whats the figure for c?

come on board, answer the question.

please, at least be honest. - wheres the money gone?

balance sheets and stuff like that are for the accountants of this world.

plain English would be nice

to be honest, im sick of the 'crewe way' that model was 30 years ago when Dario started. things have changed. if the accademy cant support the first team, whats the point.
    I cant get to reaseheath to watch the next generation of kids play against other kids.
    the vale have 4 ex crewe players, some we let go, some weren't 'good enough'. I don't think the board are bothered if l2 is our destiny as wages are less and bringing kids through is easier. would crowds be much different? ive been a st holder for 37 years, so if l4 is our destiny (though tues against Rochdale would suggest otherwise - conference looms) what are the board actually doin

Mike - I think that people would take you more seriously if you dropped the stuff about the academy.
    Take that away and I think you broadly have a point.

I don't believe that the academy costs more than in brings in (and I suspect that I'm in the majority) - although I'll happily change my mind with new information.

If we lose £500k a year without selling players and over 20 years we've had £27 million in player sales, either I'm missing something (which is entirely possible) or something doesn't add up.

I'm not pointing fingers and I'm not calling for anyone's head. I'd just like to know why the team that I spend not inconsiderable time and money following can't afford 2-3 quality signings to plug some pretty obvious gaps when on the face of it, it shouldn't be a problem.

Bolwers and Gradi Silence is Deafening,what are they scared of NH.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojofilter
    Mike - I think that people would take you more seriously if you dropped the stuff about the academy.
    Take that away and I think you broadly have a point.

I don't believe that the academy costs more than in brings in (and I suspect that I'm in the majority) - although I'll happily change my mind with new information.

If we lose £500k a year without selling players and over 20 years we've had £27 million in player sales, either I'm missing something (which is entirely possible) or something doesn't add up.

I'm not pointing fingers and I'm not calling for anyone's head. I'd just like to know why the team that I spend not inconsiderable time and money following can't afford 2-3 quality signings to plug some pretty obvious gaps when on the face of it, it shouldn't be a problem.
    I said at the start, we had done the academy to death even though that is central to the whole philosophy of the club and so can't be ignored if most