+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Independence Referendum

re: The Independence Referendum

Watch the debate tonight on the British Broadcasting Corporation Channel One unlike last time when it was on Scottish Television which we never got down here.

Think a better viewing option is the big game between Man City and Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans
    What could possibly go wrong voting no? Not a lot. What could possibly go wrong voting yes? Plenty

I'd hope this is sarcasm.
    If not, oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by onejoeolabode
    also when royal bank of scotland went into difficulties scotland alone would not have been able to prop it up and would have bankrupt the whole country.

[quote]
    Scottish GDP in 2008 was an estimated £145 billion. The cost to the UK of the RBS / HBOS bail out in 2008 was £88 billion. However the actual Scottish share on a per capita basis was £8.8 billion, and on the debt accrued by the Scottish registered banks which would have been an independent Scotland's liability is estimated at £2.4 billion. We'd only have had to cough up even that much assuming that Scotland implemented the same slash-and-burn approach to regulation of the financial sector as Westminster.

The Unionists would have us believe that we'd be bankrupted by the price of a £1 bus fare out of a London riot zone, even though we've got £75 in our pocket. And we can reasonably hope to get a refund on that bus ticket at some point in the future.

It wasn't Sc

They need 100 embassies to be built around the world,not cheap either I would imagine!
    And we’d literally NEED to build these!!

You mean there aren't any office spaces we could rent in these countries?

P.s:
    Even William Hague say’s they don’t cost much. - view external link

You can also forget about british warships built on the Clyde as british navy ships are not built in foreign countries which will have massive job loss!
    Except they are getting built abroad more and more. :/

Infact the new Scottish defence force might need a few ships to patrol our waters.
    I've got an idea where they could be built. - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by Dariusz
    By the same token I am also concerned about Scotland continuing within the UK. A union which financially has not worked, is a sinking ship and is facing undoubted BANKRUPTCY in the near future. The mainstream media and politicians are presenting a picture that all is well and the economy is recovering, but nothing could be further from the truth. We are £1.4 TRILLION in debt and this debt grows around £100 BILLION (the deficit) every year. This will not continue indefinately.

This is one of my main reasons for voting yes.
    The UK is just not financially viable in the current format. - view external link

[quote="onejoeolabode"]No for me,quite happy the way things are!,not enough straight answers for me from both sides probably. Don't know what we will be using for currency,no plan b!which is just not good enough for me to jump into blindly.there are also just not enough tax payers to pay for nhs ,police,fire service military and the unemployed! They need 100 embassies to be built around the world,not cheap either I would imagine! They couldn't even put down two lines of track in Edinburgh properly at massive over expenditure.also when royal bank of scotland went into difficulties scotland alone would not have been able to prop it up and would have bankrupt the whole country. You can also forget about british warships built on the Clyde as british navy ships are not built in foreign countries which will have massive job loss! yes it sounds lovely to have our own country but not in this world financial climate.at the end of the day I know I am proud to be Sco

Whether Scotland says YES or NO next month will not alter the fact that we are facing big changes ahead.

Goto YouTube and type in "Moneyweek end of britain". Watch the video.

I know they are trying to get people to subscribe to their magazine but it gives you some idea of the financial mess that the UK is in. If there is a chance of Scotland leaving a sinking ship then maybe we should grab the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariusz
    Whether Scotland says YES or NO next month will not alter the fact that we are facing big changes ahead.

Goto YouTube and type in "Moneyweek end of britain". Watch the video.

I know they are trying to get people to subscribe to their magazine but it gives you some idea of the financial mess that the UK is in. If there is a chance of Scotland leaving a sinking ship then maybe we should grab the chance.
    In the line of work that I'm in I go to various presentations on the state of the UK economy.

Below is figures that I was provided with at the end of last year comparing the UK economy in 2013 to a Family Income situation :

Annual Family Income : £612
    Money the Family spent : £720
    New Debt in Credit Card : £108
    Outstanding Balance on Credit Card : £1,153
    Total Budget Cuts so far : £35

Bad, but when compared to the USA :

Annual Family Income : $21,700
    Money the Family

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)