+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Independence Referendum

The Independence Referendum

Apologies to QoS Admin , but this subject is too important to not talk about on here and the most important voting 'tick' that you will ever put on a piece of paper. I see overwhelming reasons to vote Yes on Sep 18th and of course will. Could we actually have a reasonable debate on here without it becoming personal or using derogatory language ?

re: The Independence Referendum

Its a massive "NO" from me, it just does not make financial sense (for me) to risk breaking up the UK. I have listened to the debates, read the paperwork and have not seen one thing that by voting Yes would make me or my family better off either now or in the future.
    This Referendum will result in a "NO" victory, of that I have no doubt but if ( God forbid) it is a "Yes" then I really fear for the future of this Country.
    I am proud to be Scottish but just as proud to be British (Or part of the United Kingdom of Graet Britain and NI). #bettertogether.

No for me,quite happy the way things are!,not enough straight answers for me from both sides probably. Don't know what we will be using for currency,no plan b!which is just not good enough for me to jump into blindly.there are also just not enough tax payers to pay for nhs ,police,fire service military and the unemployed! They need 100 embassies to be built around the world,not cheap either I would imagine! They couldn't even put down two lines of track in Edinburgh properly at massive over expenditure.also when royal bank of scotland went into difficulties scotland alone would not have been able to prop it up and would have bankrupt the whole country. You can also forget about british warships built on the Clyde as british navy ships are not built in foreign countries which will have massive job loss! yes it sounds lovely to have our own country but not in this world financial climate.at the end of the day I know I am proud to be Scottish and proud to be part of Britain and don't ne

its a defo yes for me .

ww.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-28773893

theres no currency issue ,all westminster are doing is scaremongering ,westminster has no right to say we wont have the pound any country can use the pound if thay so wish we dont need any approval from anyone .

I am in the "DON'T KNOW" camp which means I will not be voting, unless i can be convinced one way or the other.

I would like Scotland to be independent but not in the way it is being proposed. I would like Scotland to have its own currency, to ditch the Queen as its head of state and to not be in the EU, none of which is within the SNP plans.

On the currency issue ... The pound sterling (£ GBP) is a UK currency which is governed by the Bank of ENGLAND. If you leave the UK, yet still want to share that currency then there would be BoE conditions about Scotland's USE of that currency (how could it be otherwise?!). They could not for example pursue an economic agenda damaging to the people whose currency it is,ly the countries WITHIN the UK. Therefore by using the £ Scotland would not actually be (economically) independent at all. This approach appears deeply flawed by Alex Salmond, with no Plan B.

By the same token I am also concerned about Scotland continuing within the UK.

Don't be so ***** -----***** STUPID !!!! Sorry but I am a manufacturer of structural steelwork and commercial plant in Dumfriesshire and very much a SCOT.( I worked and made my living in England while living in Scotland for 17 years. We had our nationalistic debates/disagrements- Heated at times - but these are the people we have fought through 2 world wars with why for heavens sake would you betray them now ). Where do you think the vast majoritory of contracts for work come from. - Well I can assure you it ain't from Scotland!!. It is from the UK (ie the United Kingdom). Just remember the old saying -- Divide and !!!!.
    Patriotic Yes -Foolish NO --- VOTE NO

The poeple who died together in 2 world wars - for YOU !
    Be they Scots, Welsh, English or all the others poor souls who perished for YOU deserve to be remembered as ONE Nation VOTE NO

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    Could we actually have a reasonable debate on here without it becoming personal or using derogatory language ?
    There's always one.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    Apologies to QoS Admin , but this subject is too important to not talk about on here and the most important voting 'tick' that you will ever put on a piece of paper. I see overwhelming reasons to vote Yes on Sep 18th and of course will. Could we actually have a reasonable debate on here without it becoming personal or using derogatory language ?
    We have had problems in the past with this type of thread however we will allow it to continue as long as certain guidelines are observed.

1. We will not allow rhetorical banners of any description to be displayed but links can be inserted.

2. Any reference or association with Queen of the South Football Club will be removed.

3. If the thread degenerates into a personal slagging match the thread will be closed down.

4. The usual rules on conduct for the Message Board apply.

Queens Mad will not take part in the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbigqos
    Don't be so ***** -----***** STUPID !!!! Sorry but I am a manufacturer of structural steelwork and commercial plant in Dumfriesshire and very much a SCOT.( I worked and made my living in England while living in Scotland for 17 years. We had our nationalistic debates/disagrements- Heated at times - but these are the people we have fought through 2 world wars with why for heavens sake would you betray them now ). Where do you think the vast majoritory of contracts for work come from. - Well I can assure you it ain't from Scotland!!. It is from the UK (ie the United Kingdom). Just remember the old saying -- Divide and !!!!.
    Patriotic Yes -Foolish NO --- VOTE NO

The poeple who died together in 2 world wars - for YOU !
    Be they Scots, Welsh, English or all the others poor souls who perished for YOU deserve to be remembered as ONE Nation VOTE NO
    ^^^^^^^
    This type of post why this type of thread should not be allowed and one of the

It's a massive NO from me

We're BETTER TOGETHER

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)