+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are all English fans this ridiculous?

Are all English fans this ridiculous?

Four games into the league campaign and it seems everyone here has "lost the plot" (forgive an American trying to use British expressions).

If I was to believe everyone here: Bowler has stolen all of Crewe's transfer money, Gradi is his accomplice, Steve Davis is a hack of a manager, Mark Ellis would have solved all of our defense woes, and there's no future for the Alex unless some investor comes in and spends millions in transfer fees.

Get a grip.

So what if we get relegated to League 2? Haven't we been there before just 3 years ago? Honestly, is it so unforgivable?

Seriously, if you want information on Crewe's financials, for free, just visit the website linked to this post. All you have to do is sign up (I've never got spam from them). If you're too lazy to do that, stop complaining. I researched this 3 months ago and it was the first option that came up after searching "Crewe Alexandra Financials."

If we're bottom in October/November, I suspect SD will be sacked and I'll b

re: Are all English fans this ridiculous?

Nice try...

You're making a bit of a straw man argument in paragraph 2 - I doubt the majority of people believe any of those things.

Fact is we're not losing the plot after 4 games - it's after 52 games. It's the same problems as last year that clearly haven't been addressed in pre season and patience is wearing thin.

We're told the money isn't there but not why, so we're left to speculate - the link you gave doesn't tell us why unless I'm missing something.
    With the limited information available the most likely explanation seems to be Norman Hassle.

For me it's the purely pragmatic point that after over a year of dire performances, I probably have better things to do with 3 hours and £16.50 on a Saturday afternoon.

No but Crewe are consistent this club has been in the bottom 4 more times than ANY other club in the Leagues, and there still doing it in 2013/14 so no wonder Crewe Fans are Mad, as this Management NEVER learn.
    Maybe you should watch Dragons Den as you would be OUT.

Thought-through post but misses this point! As somebody else has said, it isn't just these 4 games. Things weren't great last season and we had to wait until the last day of the season to secure safety. I would argue we lost quality in between last season and this one, and these 4 games are, potentially, proof of that.

In terms of finances, I think there are a lot of questions that need to be answered. I am not accusing anybody of stealing, just stating the fact that we seem to take a lot more money than spend (I don't just mean transfers!!) and the club seems to be jeopardising its position by not spending a bit more. If the fans got some clear answers rather than just, "the academy costs a lot to run" or "we can't compete financially" etc... then fans would have no choice but to accept things as they are. At the moment it seems like our lack of spending is certainly going to cost us in the long run.

Since Christmas 2011, we had been a team on the up. The conference was looming but

Leypb, clearly tasking time off from the Edinburgh Festival to be sober and thoughtful ( X-D) pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    BUT, in answer to the title of this thread: Yes, of course we're ridiculous! We support Crewe Alex. We've been in the depths of despair, begging for re-election to the Football league; we've slipped ignominiously from near the top of the Championship Division to staring relegation from Div 2 full in the face.
    Alex fans can laugh at ourselves; we aspire to entertaining football and, hopefully, a bit of success. We just love proper football, and we will keep those little red plastic seats warm come what may.

We are also the only club to have visited Wembley twice, successfully, within a 12-month period! That takes some beating. :-D

Ridiculous? Yes, well, probably, but we're still there.

Good post AL and thanks for the compliments on the other thread. This is a great board to visit and post on because of the respectful and knowledgeable posters we have here which is so unlike most other forums we see.

We all want the best we can and none or few I guess, will desert our team we loved as kids, youths, adults and even Pensioners as we can see here just now and even if we did go down...and down, that won't change!

Nobody thinks we are a Championship side but few think we are a L2 side either and that last promotion was so hard won I find it strange the board seems oblivious to wanting to remain in it at least by not telling us fans what the problem is financially?

Despite paying the lowest or one of the lowest wages in L1 and L2 and a playing budget similarly, is it that simple?
    Its the academy stupid! or some other reasons they are not telling us? We may even agree with the them, that the status quo is the only way we can operate despite the results.

But at least

[quote="AmericanAlex" (forgive an American trying to use British expressions).

If I was to believe everyone here: Bowler has stolen all of Crewe's transfer money, Gradi is his accomplice, Steve Davis is a hack of a manager, Mark Ellis would have solved all of our defense woes, and there's no future for the Alex unless some investor comes in and spends millions in transfer fees.

Get a grip.

So what if we get relegated to League 2? Haven't we been there before just 3 years ago? Honestly, is it so unforgivable?

Seriously, if you want information on Crewe's financials, for free, just visit the website linked to this post. All you have to do is sign up (I've never got spam from them). If you're too lazy to do that, stop complaining. I researched this 3 months ago and it was the first option that came up after searching "Crewe Alexandra Financials."

If we're bottom in Octobe

First, I want us to be competitive in the league games - we were n't remotely competitive in the second half of the game against Rochdale - I was n't at Swindon, but the stats suggest we were n't very competitive there either.

The Rochdale game was seriously reminiscent of the home games against Stevenage and Gillingham early last season - which suggests the mistakes made then are now being repeated.

I refuse to buy in to the budget rhetoric - that's the challenge and we should accept and embrace it as others do - otherwise let's not play the games and just publish a final league table based on the size of the budget.

We were told changes had been made in pre-season to reverse the trend of poor starts in recent seasons, that has n't happened.

There has been virtually no speculation about Matt Tootle's future apart from the speculation generated by the club for marketing purposes - Tootle's a good footballer and seems a decent lad but he's been the mainstay of a defence which has le

To me this is not ridiculous this is my home town team, it's family, for better or worse IT'S BLOODY PERSONAL and I'm soddin' peed off right now!!! Apart from that 2-1 to the mighty reds on Sat against the Gills C.O.Y.R. the season starts here.