+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Being Dad

re: Being Dad

Yubby, I'm slightly more worried about whether your girls have recovered from witnessing their dad's dance off, than you.

My attempt at the advised and recommended sprinkler was very poor, so I did a handstand.

and won me thousands of instant supporters.

Well had my own moment yesterday..

My lads nearly 7 and loves playing Fifa, he is also getting into his music and quite often goes on Spotify or you tube on the lap top.

Anyway he's been listening to the new Fifa soundtrack and yesterday we was chilling out and he put it on and me and his mum just looked at each other as one song was quite explicit and f word was being reeled out.

We don't use that kind of language around him and even though I know he's heard it at school he knew it was wrong and was quite upset ( bless him)

Bit annoyed with myself for being lapse about what he does on the laptop.

Good on you Dad.

Our children we become adults, and what we allow and condone will be a big part of their eventual character.

Children thrive for boundary's, they will push very hard to find them, but they feel safe inside them. eg School, home, sporting teams, friends etc.

Quote Originally Posted by yubbywelch
    My attempt at the advised and recommended sprinkler was very poor, so I did a handstand.

and won me thousands of instant supporters.

You big show off Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzyo-villa
    Well had my own moment yesterday..

My lads nearly 7 and loves playing Fifa, he is also getting into his music and quite often goes on Spotify or you tube on the lap top.

Anyway he's been listening to the new Fifa soundtrack and yesterday we was chilling out and he put it on and me and his mum just looked at each other as one song was quite explicit and f word was being reeled out.

We don't use that kind of language around him and even though I know he's heard it at school he knew it was wrong and was quite upset ( bless him)

Bit annoyed with myself for being lapse about what he does on the laptop.
    Ahh, it's kind of sweet that he got upset about it, Dazzy Dad. Sadly hear so much bad language from little ones ...

A couple of months ago, a friend's little boy and his mate had been hearing a rather naughty word beginning with the letter c bandied about at their infant school, and were desperate to know what it meant.

I hate that Chelsea word.

Don't tell them the meaning sis.

One of daughter's is super cautious. To the extent she gets scared, to almost panic attacks.

Once a grasshopper jumped on her, and freaked out.

I couple of weeks ago my mothers cat scratched her, another time a mouse was spotted in the corner of a room, both times she lost it, she cry's and shakes, and usually takes awhile to calm down

Last weekend I got her to help me with toasted cheese sanga's under the grill.

Whilst the grill was on she wouldn't go anywhere near it. I almost lost it, over something so simple to me (she hasn't been burnt before)

Any tips on how to improve her confidence with all things.

She is 10.

Yubby, I'm not a parent, so there are probably other people here who are more qualified/experienced to help, but just a couple of thoughts, based on trying to help people feel less anxious ...

Firstly - breathing. If she is in panic mode - just try getting her to breathe out. She needs to be breathing out for longer than she is breathing in, but when people are feeling panicky, counting the length of breaths is difficult to do, so just calmly try talking her into breathing out for as long as she can. She will breathe in again when she needs to!

In terms of if she has specific fears of something eg the grill, it is sometimes helpful to just try breaking a feared task into baby steps. Eg with regards to the grill pan ... (just off the top of my head, you may come up with better) Perhaps the first time, letting her turn on the grill, and adjust it to the right level, while you do the rest. Maybe next time, she can put the bread and cheese onto the grill pan, The next time, maybe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)