+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Being Dad

re: Being Dad

Yubby, just an afterthought. Would it be worth trying to find out if there is anything else worrying your daughter at the moment, just in case there is another reason for the nervousness?

We must be related Sis. I've done all of those things. (though patience aint my strong suit)

The insect freak out was 4 years ago, all new things are minor fear and is all to do with confidence.

And as with everyone everything is exaggerated when tired.

I've got lots of patience, bro. Probably too much at times - must have got your patience genes. I do think it's important to be patient with people when they are anxious about doing something though.

I'm guessing you've probably tried this too, but does she have any talent/real enthusiasm for anything that can be fostered and developed - a sport, music, art, etc? If she starts to feel confident/good about doing one thing really well, it may have a knock on effect on everything else?

Nah not really.

She's actually got really good mothering skills.

Proud Dad today.. James has been under the weather all week with a cold, left with a nasty cough and today insisted on playing for his team as they were short of players anyway and he didn't want to let them down

He battled through a tough game which they lost 8-4 but he scored 2 and set up another with a lovely pass.

One of his goals the ball came to him in the area, he knocked it onto his left foot and volleyed it home.

He was knackered after and filthy and came home and slept..

Proper little superstar today he was..

Proper little trooper you've got there, Dazzy.

Well done to James - both for turning out to help the team and for his 2 goals and an assist.

Hope he feels better soon. I went down with a cold this week too, and am still coughing. Lots of people with the same thing. But not all going out and scoring goals like James.

Quote Originally Posted by yubbywelch
    Nah not really.

She's actually got really good mothering skills.
    Well, I think that's a talent bro. I know she's only 10 but maybe there's something out there for kids that would enable her to put her nurturing skills to good use? Does her school have a mentor scheme or something like that where she could be involved in - supporting the younger ones - something like that, or something in your church perhaps?

You might find that if she is taking on a caring role, her instinct to look after the younger ones, who may also be nervous about some of the same things, might prove to be stronger than her fears too?

Quote Originally Posted by dazzyo-villa
    Proud Dad today.. James has been under the weather all week with a cold, left with a nasty cough and today insisted on playing for his team as they were short of players anyway and he didn't want to let them down

He battled through a tough game which they lost 8-4 but he scored 2 and set up another with a lovely pass.

One of his goals the ball came to him in the area, he knocked it onto his left foot and volleyed it home.

He was knackered after and filthy and came home and slept..

Proper little superstar today he was..
    It's amazing what they can power through when they think they might miss out. I bet you wouldn't have got the same enthusiasm for a chore. Lad sounds like he's got a bit of talent. If he plays for the villa you and I will become really good mates.

Quote Originally Posted by yubbywelch
    Last weekend I got her to help me with toasted cheese sanga's under the grill.

Whilst the grill was on she wouldn't go anywhere near it. I almost lost it, over something so simple to me (she hasn't been burnt before)

Any tips on how to improve her confidence with all things.

She is 10.
    I think as she will be heading into her ****s it would need sorting. I would suggest some professional guidance with this, mate.

I actually know of a similar child with irrational fear.. The issue with her is she is cotton-wooled by her mother. " oh no you can't climb that tree you could fall and break your neck" "don't go any where near the oven it will burn you" and so on. The kid wasn't allowed a scooter because they were too dangerous. Not saying this is your case of coarse.

Behavioral therapist would be worth looking into.

[quote="ozfan" date="08:33 on 03 Nov

If he plays for the villa you and I will become really good mates. [/quote]

Dazzy, you can be my really great mate regardless of whether James ever plays for Villa. I like you for who you are.

Heads off feeling slightly superior to one slightly superficial and very demanding Antipodean gentleman, who shall remainless.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)