+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Programme Wanted

re: Programme Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by samuel_vimes
    The 1-0 win was the first leg at Millmoor when Shaun Goater scored but could've had a double hat trick with the chances he had and was the featured game on Sportsnight.
    I think this was also the last time that we beat a top flight team in the league cup (Zip may know otherwise). Hopefully we put this run to an end tomorrow.[/quote]

Southampton, fa cup last time we licked top flight opposition.

Got both programmes home an away, one of which is signed by goater and Robert warzycha, maybe the wrong spelling. Both tucked away in me loft from when a used to buy the programmes.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling
    The 1-0 win was the first leg at Millmoor when Shaun Goater scored but could've had a double hat trick with the chances he had and was the featured game on Sportsnight.
    I think this was also the last time that we beat a top flight team in the league cup (Zip may know otherwise). Hopefully we put this run to an end tomorrow.[/quote]

Southampton, fa cup last time we licked top flight opposition.

Got both programmes home an away, one of which is signed by goater and Robert warzycha, maybe the wrong spelling. Both tucked away in me loft from when a used to buy the programmes.[/quote]

I think you'll find it was just last year as our friendly neighbours should be considered 'top flight' opposition due to their size

Bump up

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger
    G'day I live in New. Zealand.I'm after Millers vs Everton 1992 in the league Cup.Prefer gd condition.Can pay using Pay-pal or swap programme from NZ in vgc..Thanks for reading this.Cheers Pete
    I am pretty sure I have one but it will be in my mothers attic. How long is your timescale?[/quote]

I have a picture of me in my attic[/quote]

Is it a pirate copy?

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPY64
    It was the 2nd leg at Goodison where Billy Mercer got sent off and we lost 3-0.
    It was the second time in a week and half that Nicky Law went in goal as he replaced an injured Billy Mercer against Blackpool a few days after the First leg v Everton.
    I remember it like yesterday and I was only 8. I can remember in my naivety, with only 10 men at 2-0 down, thinking, if we can just nick one, we will go through.

I also remember that great save by Nicky Law too when he punched it over the bar.

The first leg at Millmoor was brilliant. We hit the post that night too, Tony Cunningham I think. Good times. If only the league cup was one round knockouts back then!

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPY64
    It was the 2nd leg at Goodison where Billy Mercer got sent off and we lost 3-0.
    It was the second time in a week and half that Nicky Law went in goal as he replaced an injured Billy Mercer against Blackpool a few days after the First leg v Everton.
    Was that the game Banger Banks hit the post crossbar angel goal in the last minute for a 3-2 win...

I was almost certain that it was Tony Cunningham agains Blackpool rather than Law - did big TC ever have to go in goal, I'm sure he did!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12