+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crowd last night

re: Crowd last night

Just goes to show how Bowler and his Board are completely out of touch with the Supporters.
    Next thing they will be telling us "They have to sell players because the crowds are down"

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh_Cup_1937
    There you go then, charge the ticket price for last night's game and that's how many turn up, don't get it at all, smaller ticket price, more in, more revenue? Baffling!
    2,500 people paying an average of £20 per ticket generates more revenue than 4,500 people paying an average of £10 per ticket. A smaller ticket price and a higher attendance does not necessarily equal more revenue.

Of course, a simple mathematical analysis of pricing structure doesn't take it into account the goodwill factor amongst loyal fans from cutting prices for cup games, nor the benefits of having a bit more atmosphere in the ground for the match. Both of these may be worth more in the long term than slim revenue margins; just wanted to point out that your reasoning is flawed.[/quote]

I reckon that what we are forgetting here is the fact that the more people you get through the turnstiles, then this can e

Agree with most here and for me it was for two things and that was to reward the loyal fans who have seen rubbish played up to that point and secondly to at least think about getting bums on seats whereby some new people may think it worthwhile to come back and playing like we did that was a good possibility.

Its obvious that Bolton didn't have a say in it otherwise Bury wouldn't have been so low. But when did the board ever consider the fans? They get in free and put nothing back in. 99% of fans on here told them it was the wrong price. Do they EVER listen?

NO!

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    There you go then, charge the ticket price for last night's game and that's how many turn up, don't get it at all, smaller ticket price, more in, more revenue? Baffling!
    2,500 people paying an average of £20 per ticket generates more revenue than 4,500 people paying an average of £10 per ticket. A smaller ticket price and a higher attendance does not necessarily equal more revenue.

Of course, a simple mathematical analysis of pricing structure doesn't take it into account the goodwill factor amongst loyal fans from cutting prices for cup games, nor the benefits of having a bit more atmosphere in the ground for the match. Both of these may be worth more in the long term than slim revenue margins; just wanted to point out that your reasoning is flawed.[/quote]

I reckon that what we are forgetting here is the fact that the more people y

I think bolton did have a say when they played bury as it was played at macron stadium. They had the say in it.

Interesting this one
    Simple economics and I mean simple
    Let's say Tuesday's gate 2930 @average of £15, then at £10 average admission fee would mean we would have to have had a gate of 4425 to bring in the same revenue. That's nearly an extra 1500 on the gate.
    Yes I know there are add-ons etc and a bigger crowd etc.
    However how many on the board would have gone if it had been £10.
    Not trying to stir but it's the old economics rule of supply and demand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12