+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This Criticism Of Valencia

re: This Criticism Of Valencia

To be honest, i dont expect a player to hit the ground running, its fairly rare we get one. This time we have two or 4 that have depending also on how you rate Coyotes and Sakhos performances. I would include them.

Valencia hasnt impressed to date, but as i said previously, he hasnt had the experience either in Europe or the prem. I am judging him on what i have seen his price tag and my gut feeling. But i am willing to hold back final judgement until he has had time to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by bazwillrun
    My problem is we never seem to be able to buy a player that can hit the ground running...
    ...apart from Cresswell, Kouyate, Zarate and Sakho

You're so anti everything West Ham you're losing touch with reality

Quote Originally Posted by bonzosbest74
    With some on here the very fact that he was bought by Allardyce & the Daves means they want
    him to fail so they can continue moaning about A&tD's.

All in all it's just another brick in the wall.

Very strange Tanz, who are these posters that want him to fail?

Just because you can't comprehend or agree with a few technical observations on this years big signing you misconstrue peoples comments as wanting him to fail.

Where have you got that idea from mate? I mean nobody has said it so you must be reading something sub-concious into peoples actual words.

Surely it's more believable that Valencia doesn't look as good as he was billed to be rather than implying a secretive meaning to posters analysis of him.

If people really were acting as you suggest and wanting him to fail so as they could have a dig at the owners & manager then why would they just pick on one player? I

Pompous c.unt is my default setting Tanz.

Anyway, you knew when you wrote that finger pointing post that you'd get a reply or two. You should have justds and said exactly who wanted Valencia to fail rather than leaving a grey area. Personally I got the impression it was aimed at Jon, Jimmy, BD & myself hence the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by frogiron

But even i would not wish one of his choices of player to fail simply so I could moan about the guppy-mouthed windbag.

Frogster, not a single person has said that they want him to fail. In fact most that have criticised his performance have indicated that they hope he comes good and proves them wrong.

That's what's actually been said, the rest is made up unless someone can direct me to the post where people are wishing failure on him.[/quote]

That's kind of what I meant The Bonz.

I don't think that anyone would actually want a player to fail just to score points against an unpopular manager.

I just didn't want to say it so bluntly and upset Mr. T, as I was scared I'd end up "sleeping with the turtles" [/quote]

I lack your class and subtlety Sir . .. . . . I think it's me that will be sleeping with the turtles

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyman
    Where have I said no one should be allowed to comment?

All I'm saying is that saying a bloke had a poor game is one thing, writing him off as a waste of money, or a massive error of judgment after one full game is something else.

I doubt if any of us had even heard of him before the WC, never mind seen him and yet here we are, not even in September, and some people seem to have found a new potential hate figure to fill the void while Nolan's out of the side.

Which, imo, has nothing to do with not wanting people to post an opinion.

Be lucky. Chill out and have a quick beer. And while you're at it check your stats. I'd guess Poyet has played almost as much, if not more, than Valencia.
    I don't think he should be lambasted yet...some players take a while to get into English football and some hit the ground running...we need to give him time...He is small but quite quick, he managed to score 3 goals in the WC and one against En

Quote Originally Posted by Ironworks1
    My problem is we never seem to be able to buy a player that can hit the ground running...
    ...apart from Cresswell, Kouyate, Zarate and Sakho

You're so anti everything West Ham you're losing touch with reality[/quote]

...and Poyet !

Quote Originally Posted by jameskel
    First impressions, are often the best.
    Ade Coker you c.unt

Well I thought the daylight fireworks were a bit OTT and the drinks were a bit pricey

As with all the non-Carroll type strikers we have bought they are judged on their performances without the benefit of a creative midfield, which is their lifeline to goals.

Against Palace Cole scored..I think it was because he was in a well balanced side. Valencia would probably also have got that goal.There was nothing coming through the middle against Sheffield United and he looked lost.

There need to be recognizable patterns of attack for a striker to anticipate and with the loose cannons that are Diame and Morrison in the mix that is difficult.

This pairing of Noble and Kouyate will open up all kinds of opportunities for the strikers. At last there is a bit of optimism,regardless of who the manager is.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)