+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Going for a song

re: Going for a song

He's a holding midfielder

How does that replace Diame?

Can't see where he'd fit in the first team to be honest.

Would prefer us to sign Richards

Quote Originally Posted by palerider
    I still can't see him signing and this time last year I'd have laughed at the suggestion but the chuckles have done us proud this season.

Stranger things have happened.
    Mate, they've backed the team from day 1 and have spent £70-75m on players with very little being brought in to offset the expenditure. The only player that I can think we've received decent money for was Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzosbest74
    I still can't see him signing and this time last year I'd have laughed at the suggestion but the chuckles have done us proud this season.

Stranger things have happened.
    Mate, they've backed the team from day 1 and have spent £70-75m on players with very little being brought in to offset the expenditure. The only player that I can think we've received decent money for was Parker.[/quote]

I agree with you Bonzo. Up until now though I did question the quality of a lot of those we actually paid money for, and yes I know Song would be on loan IF he came.

I think what's changed is that they've told Allardyce that it will be their decision, not his.

I still have no problem with the board I believe they have been great on the spending side of things and they have backed the manager to the hilt which used to be a good thing.
    Where I believe they went wrong was appointing the BFC in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by herbiehammer
    I still have no problem with the board I believe they have been great on the spending side of things and they have backed the manager to the hilt which used to be a good thing.
    Couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by dorsetdano
    Couldn't agree more[/quote]..but turn the clock when we were in the Championship and managerless who would be the one manager you would want to get you promoted and stay in the Prem? Sam has achieved that, but he will be here until we move to the OS which is when is contract is up. Then I think he will walk away

Maybe he would come in while kouyate plays centre back

Quote Originally Posted by TICKER
    Complete waste of Kouyate imo

He also said when he joined that he'd come to play in midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Ironworks1
    Complete waste of Kouyate imo

He also said when he joined that he'd come to play in midfield[/quote]would totally agree but as maybe a one off.

My understanding is that we were only £1m below our annual financial fair play limit before we let Maiga go so we now have room for an additional player which appears to be Song. He is seen as technically adept so could cover or replace both Kouyate and Noble.

Hull have bid £3m for Diame which we've declined so should they come back with an additional 500k his release clause would be triggered. Diame's sale would then free up the wages to bring in Micah Richards who we are still in negotiations over.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)