+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: situation..

situation..

Ok lets try and be sensible...following our worse start since 82 ( sorry I earlier said 84) what is the realistic remedy;s?..Is it right to get rid of S.D..if so please...lets not have Baker replace him..and who then do we get in...what about our crap board...is there really any cash for any "decent" players...talking of players...Im an exile as a lot know on here...but from Tues great perfomance against a Bolton side to these last few league performances really..WTF!!!...where are we going wrong...isit confidene..poor management...shocking directors...I personally would love to hear views...coz me personally..'m getting tired of taking time of work..and getting up early Sat morn to listen to this terrible times...just wanna say..well done to the fans which made the Kent trip today..thumbs up lads and lasses...COYR

re: situation..

cuse my typing...too much bacon...not enough beer ...

I think it's quite clear that lack of investment into the first team is the reason that we're struggling.

The reason for the lack of investment is what's less clear.
    I hesitate to blame the whole board because if rumours are to be believed it's not the whole board that are responsible.

Why the other board members haven't spoken out is borderline inexplicable, but again if rumours are to believed - there's nothing in them to suggest that the likes of JB and DG have anything at all to gain from the dodgy dealings. So their silence remains an unfathomable mystery.

The ship's sinking and the band plays on.

Look at my previous posts as to where we are going

It really is time for the board to give the supporters some answers.
    As things stand at present I can't see us reaching 20 points this season. I would like to know, why don't we have any money to spend on new players , either for fees and wages?

What has happened to the Pogba money, will we be able to invest any money that comes from the sale of Max into the team? If not , why not ? Where is all our income going?

What is the exact figure that is spent on wages, what is the exact figure spent on the academy, what is the actual gross profit after all costs and expenses. The balance sheet looked healthy so where has the money gone.

I also think that the time has come for both the Chronicle and Radio Stoke to support the fans in trying to obtain this information.

If we were in desperate financial straits then I could accept the current situation, with a financial position that on the face of it looks healthy then I just don't understand it !

Answers please Mr Bowler !

This club are Experts in building up a good fan base then letting them down with No Investment in the team. The club can cope with Failure they have proved that over many years, what they can not do is cope with Success, if they go to high they get a nose bleed.

Like MikeSB said do the Directors really care as some would love to be in the 2nd div as it Saves Money! maybe the club should be a BANK as they don't spend any compared with what they bring in.

As far as SD is concerned he has to do it the DARIO way or he will find the Highway.

John B will no doubt reiterate that the board's objective remains the same. ie for us to play in as high a league as possible and the Championship is the target. We recall him saying after near relegation from the CC that lessons will have to be learned and we went down the following season.

In fairness we did do well in the CC as every other club had far more resources than we had and paid multiples more than we could afford.

The situation in L1 is different as most clubs are of a similar size and arguably gates a couple of thousand more are in that order imo. That means we should be able to compete far better than the CC.

The board will also say that our L1 and L2 fan base is not much different and so to them its immaterial whether we are in either league whilst the objective remains the same and that is dependent on the academy.

So even if JB did make a statement, you have read it above first.

I would like to see the club make more effort in increasing our fan base and e

Quote Originally Posted by supercrewe
    ... I also think that the time has come for both the Chronicle and Radio Stoke to support the fans in trying to obtain this information.

If we were in desperate financial straits then I could accept the current situation, with a financial position that on the face of it looks healthy then I just don't understand it !
    Answers please Mr Bowler !
    I don't think RS will stir the pot too much, remember how they acted when GT stopped the 'freebies'?
    We all know GMG makes comments during commentary but never raises them in his interviews.
    Some of the board are happy with their lot so don't want to rock the boat and others appear to be taking us for a ride.

[quote="MikeSB"]John B will no doubt reiterate that the board's objective remains the same. ie for us to play in as high a league as possible and the Championship is the target. We recall him saying after near relegation from the CC that lessons will have to be learned and we went down the following season.

In fairness we did do well in the CC as every other club had far more resources than we had and paid multiples more than we could afford.

The situation in L1 is different as most clubs are of a similar size and arguably gates a couple of thousand more are in that order imo. That means we should be able to compete far better than the CC.

The board will also say that our L1 and L2 fan base is not much different and so to them its immaterial whether we are in either league whilst the objective remains the same and that is dependent on the academy.

So even if JB did make a statement, you have read it above first.

I would like to see the club make

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast