+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modibo Maiga

re: Modibo Maiga

We paid a lot for him so someone must have seen something that was good. so we bring him in and then dont play him. if he was that crap why did the fatman buy him. or was he crap because the system didnt work for maiga.

Modibo Maiga

Time will tell mate.

I will be watching how he gets on for Metz in their games on tv.

I suspect he was wrong for the type of system Sam uses but from what I saw of him at our club in terms of touches on the ball and from what I saw of him in his first game for the French team, he is not a player without skill imo.

He is on a season-long loan. I know Metz have first dibs on him next summer but it may well be he plays really well for them, in which case, who knows where he ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperIrons
    Time will tell mate.

I suspect he was wrong for the type of system Sam uses but from what I saw of him at our club in terms of touches on the ball and from what I saw of him in his first game for the French team, he is not a player without skill imo.

He is on a season-long loan. I know Metz have first dibs on him next summer but it may well be he plays really well for them, in which case, who knows where he ends up.
    Can't see him playing for West Ham again.

Yes he showed flashes but the bottom line is that from the moment he came on in his first game to the last game he played, he simply didn't put enough effort in. Never ever seen someone on their debut come on and literally just stand around like he did. Didn't even seem particularly pacy.

I hope he does do well so that we can get a fee for him.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperIrons
    Time will tell mate.

He obviously had something going for him, otherwise why would we sign him? But the same possibly applies to him as applies to Diame.

If you sign a player it's because you've seen him play well in a particular role. Diame was a central midfielder at Wigan and, largely, not played in that position by Allardyce.

Possibly Maiga falls into the same category. Never saw him play in France so haven't a scooby tbh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)