+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Walsall FC Financial Accounts 2013 available online.

Walsall FC Financial Accounts 2013 available online.

Some rightly compare us to the size of Walsall and was actually surprised to find the full financial accounts for 2013 online. See link below and down the page for the accounts in detail which I have read.

Some of it is jargon and gobbledegook but say they made an operating profit for the year. This despite a couple of million of outstanding loans to some Directors which show that they put money in but expect to be repaid as well.

They also celebrate a level3 academy and interesting to me as a non accountant is the revenue from ticket sales falls well short of expenditure but non ticket revenue making up the difference.

Does CAFC publish similar accounts for public digestion like this so we can see where at least where some of the money goes and comes?

Remember they are content with a level 3 academy and doubt they had our transfer income and so rely on their Director loans very much and content to repay them year on year as well and make a profit of sorts at least.

Folks?

If t

re: Walsall FC Financial Accounts 2013 available online.

Its interesting that 380,000 pounds is in the accounts for leasing of the ground when that was split some years before by the controlling director.

Does this sound familiar and wonder if our ground is leased in a similar way. That's a lot of rental money and still making a profit?

It may explain a few things though?

So IF Walsall owned their ground as we tend to think we do, then you can add 380,000 pounds to that small profit. And the loans to Directors repaid in no time.

I haven't read your link, Mike, but in Walsall's case I'd imagine their 'non-ticket revenue' being huge, due to their ground being one enormous advertising board, and next to the M6.

Quote Originally Posted by bigroof
    I haven't read your link, Mike, but in Walsall's case I'd imagine their 'non-ticket revenue' being huge, due to their ground being one enormous advertising board, and next to the M6.
    Yes Derek, I would guess you are right.

We have an ice cream stand facing a near empty stand!

Don't think I have ever seen an advertising board away from Gresty Road promoting the football club in any way?

I once asked the lovely Alison about this omission and she said it costs too much money!

Money, money, money! Its a rich man's friend! - view external link

I notice there is quite an increase in creditors though !

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    Yes Derek, I would guess you are right.

We have an ice cream stand facing a near empty stand!

Don't think I have ever seen an advertising board away from Gresty Road promoting the football club in any way?

I once asked the lovely Alison about this omission and she said it costs too much money!

Money, money, money! Its a rich man's friend! [/quote]
    Don't forget that the club have a nice little earner coming in from the car park. Anybody know which one of our companies this belongs to. As I am led to believe Cheshire East manage it for us, but the car park is ours. We are talking about significant money here coming in on a daily basis!!

Walsall have always done well out of non football income. I have been to their ground on a conference and you can hire the whole length of one side for a large conference or it can be split into about 20 smaller rooms. With its location they do very well on that side.