+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Would Be YOUR Starting Eleven Now?

re: Who Would Be YOUR Starting Eleven Now?

Amalfitano's good Jon. If fit he'd start for me. He's got pace, trickery, a good touch and I think he'd link up well with Zarate and Valencia.

Wash my mouth out with carbolic but if he's fit and up for it, Song has to play and the only player I can see making way for him in my team is Mark Noble otherwise the side is unbalanced.

ok then i would replace downing with Amalfitano.

would 4. 1. 3. 2 work Noble being the 1

Quote Originally Posted by KetterinHammer
    From the fit ones I'd go with...

Adrian
    Demel Tomka Reid Cresswell
    Kouyate Noble Song
    Downing Morrison Zarate

Actually that's probably a bit shyte.

We seem top heavy in the attacking 3rd now and light in defence. What a difference a year makes.
    Jussi
    demel colins tompkins obrien
    vaz te nolan collison jarvis
    cole maiga[/quote] I've Sussed you Ketterin. Your actually the man himself ...your Big Sam.

I'll re-do my team then assuming everyone's fit as of the Hull match and their heads are in the right place.

Adrian

Jenkinson
    Reid
    Tomkins
    Cresswell

Downing
    Kouyate
    Song
    Zarate
    Amalfitano

Valencia

Subs

Jussi
    Demel
    O'Brien
    Noble
    Sakho
    Cole
    Collins

Noble ? Putting on my tin hat with extra padding, I've always thought this 'Noble for England' was well wide of the mark and there's been a large slice of the 'he's one of us' among the posts on here.

He's got no pace but he's a good passer of the ball. In defensive positions however, and rash tackles often concede very dangerous free-kicks. Often caught in possession again in dangerous areas. Usually because the likes of Nolan aren't quick enough to give him an outlet, but you have to ask youself, between him and Song, both holding midfielders, would Barcelona have paid 15 million pounds for Mark Noble ?

As I say, it's hypothetical because Sam likes him, and so do I.

But in a completely balanced team with everyone fit and raring t

Have to agree with your Noble and England position, and your comment about barca and Noble.

Like you say its hard to be a manager, im thinking a bit long term and the fact Song is only temp. Play him but, where its feasible you got to keep the regs happy, or have a decision in place regards Noble.

Mark Noble might not be good enough for england but that hasnt stopped other avarage players getting picked. so why not give him a try.

ok, the football under sam is ordinary, but it does make for a pleasant change that we now have a squad that will have to fight for their place.

carroll, cole, nolan, diame, vaz te, jarvis... blecch.

valencia, sakho, amalfitano, morrison, kouyate, zarate, reid, tomkins, adrian... has a much nicer ring to it

Quote Originally Posted by OZHAMMER
    ok, the football under sam is ordinary, but it does make for a pleasant change that we now have a squad that will have to fight for their place.

valencia, sakho, amalfitano, morrison, kouyate, zarate, reid, tomkins, adrian... has a much nicer ring to it
    What I find encouraging is that with this squad, assuming Sullivan has the balls to sack the oaf soon enough, any new manager with any sort of an attack-minded ethos wouldn't take that long to steer them out of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by palerider

What I find encouraging is that with this squad, assuming Sullivan has the balls to sack the oaf soon enough, any new manager with any sort of an attack-minded ethos wouldn't take that long to steer them out of trouble.[/quote]

agreed mate. it's been mentioned on here a few times that the players that sam has been allowed to go after, has been done with that in mind.

Adrian
    Jenkinson,tomkins,Reid,cress well
    Kouyate
    Amalfatino. Downing
    Song
    Sakho,valencia

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)