+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winston Reid

Winston Reid

For me one of our best bits of business during the window was to keep hold of Winston Reid. I really hope that the chuckle brothers move heaven and earth to give him a new deal.

Don't get me wrong I still think that eventually someone will make us an offer we cant refuse, but it would be good to be able to sell him rather than give him away.

At this stage he could sign for an early deal with a foreign club in January and there would be nothing we could do about it :-(

re: Winston Reid

Yep totally agree I thought he was on his way, in my opinion that's good business

On his game he's the best defender we've had for quite a while but I do wonder where he's at right now.

Mo Diame said he'd only move to a top six club. Has Hull been moved ? I hope Winston's not been affected by not getting a move.

By not signing a new contract Winston's either after a better offer or he's running down his current one.

Which is fine, that's up to him, but I hope he's professional and gives his all while still wearing the shirt.

I must admit thankfully this fella doesn't seem like one of the billy big bollox and when he's interviewed on new Zealand telly he comes across as surprisingly humble for a footballer

I think more to the point is the fact that there was no 'firm' offer in for him.

So he is already gone or nearly on his way.

If that is the case then his head will be in the clouds unfortunately.

Never really understand this sulky attitude if you dont get your way. There is no way on earth i would perform half standard to force an issue, i got more pride. I would do my job and then move on.

Not saying its the case with Reid,who knows?!, but it has been for others in the past. For me to act so would be a blemish on my record. Ok i might have bad days, but it wouldnt be down to attitude, lets hope this is the case with Reid.

Arsenal were after him that's for sure.

You don't know what actually goes on but I suspect Sullivan would have sold him as there'd have been a fee. Next summer he can go for nothing.

But Sullivan would have wanted a replacement first. By all accounts Richards would have come but wouldn't take a wage hit. Nastasic didn't fancy it and Lazio couldn't agree the fee for Ciani.

So I'm pleased we still have him. If he'd have gone for 8m and we went down we lose out by God knows how much.

So if he plays as he can and we stay up then goes on a free it's still good business.

Nothing would please me more than to see Reid and tompkins as our Centre half's for the next 6 seasons or more

Quote Originally Posted by nz_bonzo
    Nothing would please me more than to see Reid and tompkins as our Centre half's for the next 6 seasons or more
    99% agree (i couldn't totally agree, as you put a 'p' in tomkins!!)

Would have spelt it correctly but I was going for a P
    yeah that's pretty bad I know :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)