+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Allardyce an objective viewpoint

re: Allardyce an objective viewpoint

[quote="ammeread"]Sam Allardyce the most hated man in East London some of it he's brought upon himself admittedly, some of it I believe is unwarranted.

Allardyce was brought to this club during a period of turmoil some of the worst times in our clubs history . He was asked to steady the ship. He steadied the ship. He was asked to get us promoted within two seasons . He got us promoted in one. He was asked to keep us up. He kept us up. He was asked to keep us up again he kept us up again.

He has done everything he was employed to do. He has done everything the board asked of him. Yes he has upset people along the way.He's made stupid and disrespectful comments in some peopl

[quote="ammeread"]Sam Allardyce the most hated man in East London some of it he's brought upon himself admittedly, some of it I believe is unwarranted.

Allardyce was brought to this club during a period of turmoil some of the worst times in our clubs history . He was asked to steady the ship. He steadied the ship. He was asked to get us promoted within two seasons . He got us promoted in one. He was asked to keep us up. He kept us up. He was asked to keep us up again he kept us up again.

He has done everything he was employed to do. He has done everything the board asked of him. Yes he has upset people along the way.He's made stupid and disrespectful comments in some people's eyes .He has played mainly boring football,he plays the percentages far too much and he's generally void of a plan B.

On the other hand he has been largely forced into some decisions by injuries and the players he has had at his disposal.

So here we are today . Now is the time for

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky

He's made stupid and disrespectful comments in some people's eyes .He has played mainly boring football,he plays the percentages far too much and he's generally void of a plan B.

Now is the time for him to show us what he is made of, he has potentially a very talented squad at his disposal he has been told to bring back flair and excitement to the club. He has been backed to the hilt by the board he has been given all the tools he needs to do the job. This is make or break time for Sam Allardyce. It will take time for the team to gel .
    I think it's all well and good to show loyalty to a manager who is taking you forward and progressing. Just because the man took us back up to the Prem (through the playoffs with a very strong squad for the Championship) doesn't mean we need to continue the deal now.

It does intrigue me that Noble - a player that has seen a lot of changes at West Ham -

[quote="Eggerts_Ears"]Sam Allardyce the most hated man in East London some of it he's brought upon himself admittedly, some of it I believe is unwarranted.

He has done everything he was employed to do. He has done everything the board asked of him. Yes he has upset people along the way.He's ma

I think you will find that most, although not wanting Allardyce , excepted the fact that he was a necessary evil at the time, we even excepted that the following season wasnt going to be a pretty one, although it turned out much better than the last.

Like you said, he insulted many along the way with his arrogantish comments and his total refusal to shoulder any blame for what goes wrong. Its all well and good blaming it on injuries, wasnt it he that signed a crocked striker when the money spent on him would have been better spent elsewhere?. He even went as far as giving out a carrot in the form of the " League cup, " only to fill the side with a majority of inexperienced. " They`ve had their run, now to serious business. " Ok we would probably have lost, but he decided that before the game.

This season hes been given targets and so far has managed 3 points and a dire loss in the cup which Sullivan reckoned we had a chance of winning. I`ll give him the spuds game, but it was the s

He has done everything he was employed to do. He has done everything the board asked of him.

He has done everything he was employed to do. He has done everything the board asked of him. Yes he has upset people along the way.He's made stupid and disrespectful comments in some people's eyes .He has played mainly boring football,he plays the percentages far too much and he's generally void of a plan B.

On the other hand he has been largely forced into some decisions by injuries and the players he has had at his disposal.

So here we are today . Now is the time for

Give him time (3 seasons not enough?)

Plenty of injuries (as do all football clubs)

Got us out of the championship (so did Pardew and Redknapp. With the squad we had plenty of managers could have)

need time to gel (new excuse. buy a load of players and moan they need time)

need time to adjust to our new attacking style (I must have missed this. The best we have played this season was the first game and we lost. Palace were so bad it was untrue which covered up some large cracks and we gave up against Southampton in a manner I haven't seen since Pardew lost the dressing room and we were hammered by Reading and Bolton)

Can't bothered to list any more of the excuses I have heard for prolonging something that is well over a year overdue... a new manager at our club

Ammerhead takes the time to type out a reasonable post yet you lot jump on him.
    Ammerhead has made a few good comments and Im baffled to see why anyone would disagree with him.
    Its a post that deserves a respectful discussion and not to be turned in to a slagging match.

Ammerhead has my full respect regarding this post and very probably all his other posts

[quote="Eggerts_Ears"]Sam Allardyce the most hated man in East London some of it he's brought upon himself admittedly, some of it I believe is unwarranted.

He has done everything he was employed to

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)