+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A touch of class

A touch of class

Nice to see - view external link

re: A touch of class

Lot of time for City fans

Great club.

Anyone remember Colin Bell on here??

Quote Originally Posted by rednekst
    Great club.

What happened to him?
    There was a rumour that went around that he had died but he came on and said he wasn't dead.
    I didnt know who to believe

Yeah I remember it being said he had passed on etc.

So like you Herbie I have no idea who to believe.

Always had time for City Fans.

I think a few of you will remember the last game of the season at home to City in 1987.City were relegated that day.There had been friendly banter beetween both fans all game.Nothing nasty.

It was confirmed after the game City had been relegated.Many of us stayed behind for the players to come out in the directer s box has done traditionally.

The whole ground was singing"We only hate Man Utd"..The City fan`s loved it..They applauded us..We sung"You`ll be back,you`ll back"..The whole ground again joining in.

There was a police presence there,but they could see the friendliness beetween both fans,so let City fans on to the pitch.We all sung their songs and our songs TOGETHER..Everyone was exchanging scarf's,shirts ETC.

Was a brilliant day.One I will never forget.After that day,City always had a place in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzosbest74
    Nice to see
    I was at the game and it was indeed superb (see my match report). I always like going up there and their fans are the friendliest to us that I have seen.

They have such a pessimistic view of life though and were all panicking before the game...they are just like us and I don't begrudge them their success now money or not as they have been through much ****tier times than us and always had a big hardcore of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by herbiehammer
    Great club.

What happened to him?
    There was a rumour that went around that he had died but he came on and said he wasn't dead.
    I didnt know who to believe[/quote]

Absolute class player, first saw him in autumn 67 when City beat us 3-2 at home, can't particularly remember his performance to be honest. At the time we had started the season quite well I think and we were really hacked off at losing to a team who were only just above the relegation fight. I think they either went unbeaten or maybe lost just one game in the rest of that season and lifted the title. Main memory was that Francis Lee was a real hand full.

Bell was probably the only player I saw who would keep up with Bonzo, in fact he would probably have been faster and by all accounts would have been a top class middle distance runner. Should have won more Bobby Charlton.

Quote Originally Posted by dorsetdano
    Great club.

What happened to him?
    I didnt know who to believe[/quote]

Absolute class player, first saw him in autumn 67 when City beat us 3-2 at home, can't particularly remember his performance to be honest. At the time we had started the season quite well I think and we were really hacked off at losing to a team who were only just above the relegation fight. I think they either went unbeaten or maybe lost just one game in the rest of that season and lifted the title. Main memory was that Francis Lee was a real hand full.

Bell was probably the only player I saw who would keep up with Bonzo, in fact he would probably have been faster and by all accounts would have been a top class middle distance runner. S

Quote Originally Posted by terrya1965
    Always had time for City Fans.

I think a few of you will remember the last game of the season at home to City in 1987.City were relegated that day.There had been friendly banter beetween both fans all game.Nothing nasty.

It was confirmed after the game City had been relegated.Many of us stayed behind for the players to come out in the directer s box has done traditionally.

The whole ground was singing"We only hate Man Utd"..The City fan`s loved it..They applauded us..We sung"You`ll be back,you`ll back"..The whole ground again joining in.

There was a police presence there,but they could see the friendliness beetween both fans,so let City fans on to the pitch.We all sung their songs and our songs TOGETHER..Everyone was exchanging scarf's,shirts ETC.

Was a brilliant day.One I will never forget.After that day,City always had a place in my heart.
    Was there mate' Tony Cotte' Frank McAvenie came out on the west stand drinking a pin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)