+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holiday suggestions

re: Holiday suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by BillyDWhizz
    We've been to the DR and loved it! It is still an option we could go back.

That said 'coz we can just up sticks and go at a moments notice we've found a 14 night all inclusive to Cuba at a decent resort for 647 quid per person towards the end of November (Less chance of Hurricanes and the humidity would have dropped off significantly).

I'll do a bit more research but the main thing is my mrs has chronic condition (Lupus) and we have to plan accordingly. Insurance says though that Cuba's fine and they have no issues covering us for a trip there. Cuba looks stunning if obviously a bit ummm "rustic"..Fck it I wont care after a shed load of Cuba Libre's and Mohitos!

Thanks for your feedback gents.
    mate of mine is off to Cuba in November, first 10 days he's doing the hospitality 1, staying here and there in various home type digs, the last week he's doing that big resort for the recovery factor not sure what its called bu

If I don't go to the Caribbean in March, I will go at the end of October first week of November...Never had any bad weather at all , no hurricanes or rain
    You've got to be unlucky to get caught up in a hurricane towards the end of October

You'll love Cuba, one of the safest friendliest places out there .. Very warm genuine people
    Make sure you leave the hotel for a look round too
    Have a good time

Thanks for the wishes, 1st chance to get away since the wife's diagnosis 3 years ago so hopefully it'll be a good 'un!

Cuba same climate as here (only a couple of 100 miles away). Late November is nice. Have a great trip.

Been to Cuba and loved it, mind you is was about 12 years ago, so could of changed a bit since then.
    Had an awesome holiday in Mexico, can also recommend Grenada and St kitts.
    By far the best place in the world (imo) is Anna Maria Island on the golf coast of Florida. Got married there and go back whenever we can.

Quote Originally Posted by IronworksFC
    Been to Cuba and loved it, mind you is was about 12 years ago, so could of changed a bit since then.
    By far the best place in the world (imo) is Anna Maria Island on the golf coast of Florida. Got married there and go back whenever we can.
    Did you go to Mr Bones bbq?

Quote Originally Posted by Taansend
    Did you go to Mr Bones bbq?[/quote]

Of course Taans, the jambalaya is awesome there.

It is my personal goal to own a property on the island, have not seen the whole world and have a few places left on my bucket list, but for me there is nowhere better!

It was quite funny, went again in June and only just discovered there is late night drinking on Bridge Street, now we have discovered that, it offers everything.

Ha, we had a late night session there a couple of years back. At the Dockside Bar. There was a musician there. I was hammered. Next time you go, take a short road trip up to Dunedin & Tarpon Springs. Cool little towns just north of Clearwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Taansend
    Ha, we had a late night session there a couple of years back. At the Dockside Bar. There was a musician there. I was hammered. Next time you go, take a short road trip up to Dunedin & Tarpon Springs. Cool little towns just north of Clearwater.
    Will do

Quote Originally Posted by IronworksFC
    By far the best place in the world (imo) is Anna Maria Island on the golf coast of Florida.
    Can you send me the, ahem, links please?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)