+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoth referendum

re: Scoth referendum

Sorry, not familiar with "HNW" ?

I thought my stance was pretty clear. I'll reiterate. I want all aspects of Scottish Governance to be decided by the people of Scotland.

Yes, there are many differing opinions and values in Scotland. The main point is that, overall, they lean in a different direction that that of the Westinster government electorate. Often it is more left leaning. Often it is differences of viewpoint on how to interact with the rest of the World.

Currently I have property interests in Scotland, but no business interests. I wouldn't characterize my own personal politics as left or right, but, really, that's not what's motivating my YES vote.

HNW = high net worth. should have read HNW individual.

your stance is anything but clear i'm afraid.

you seem to want scotland to have power for the sake of having power.

but the power to do what?

you seem to be very keen on independence but haven't really thought about what it will entail.

the ppl of scotland have a broad range of powers under devolution.

indep. would essentially involve tax/spending powers and foreign policy also being handed over.

i suspect ppl with more of an interest in the question of independence than you know exactly how they would want those powers exercised.

those questions are pretty much the crux of the debate as far as i can see.

that you haven't thought much about them and talk about wishy washy 'values' and 'desires' suggests you're not taking the subject seriously IMO.

The only appropriate response I can offer is: you really are a bit of dick aren't you?

Please don't respond to anything I post.

post #6 suggested you want discussion on the issue.

now you have it you want to shut it down.

typical YES voter.

Out of interest has the Berwick issue been resolved?

Your response was insulting, stating that I "haven't really thought about what it will entail", and that I have " wishy washy 'values' and 'desires" and that I'm "not taking the subject seriously".

You might want to think about that before you get into a "discussion" with someone else.

Now, **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by SlideySam
    I'm flying into Scotland next Tuesday, in advance of the vote. Then, on Friday, I'll be back on a plane (business class, of course) to San Francisco.
    Aye, after your morning smack hit,Glasgow airport isn't that far from your hovel.

My mate who lives in SPAIN is telling me to vote YES
    I think Sean Connory may want me to be a YES man too.
    Even thon halfwit UNIONIST/ORANGEMAN troll on here called me a nigel lover.
    STILL VOTING NO!

Check out the wee flag to the left of YES.

I'm angry as f**k, yesterday I passed a shop on the Hulltoon, big yellow and red sign POLISH DELI, the house above was blue and white with YES banners, the banners were doon today.

Without a word of a lie, in the boozer tonight, this Nigerian lad I know came in, he supports Dundee United, (faf, as there was a programme a few years ago about people living in absolute poverty in Lagos, it was sub-titled and the words Dundee United appeared, seeemingly it's Nigerian slang for being s***e) any how I said to the lad tonight (he had a blue shirt under his coat) you look better in blue than tangerine, he opened his coat and he had a f**ken YES T-shirt on, he;s obviously a Dundee United.

did he say why he was voting YAY, your nigerian mate?

foooking hard work getting a reason out of them if some on here are to judge by.

why would the immigrants want indep.?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast