+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoth referendum

re: Scoth referendum

Not sure if this is a dippy question but it is an honest question. If Scotland becomes an independent country will the BBC stop funding Scottish television and covering Scottish football ( As giving out their fixtures and results) ?

There will be a new public TV service in Scotland called SBC, paid for and operated by Scotland, and BBC services will be available in Scotland with Scotland paying the BBC for that programming, although, it is expected the BBC will lose significant revenues that would otherwise have been paid by Scottish license fee payers.

Don't know whether or not Scottish results will be reported by the BBC.

I understand now Sam

So if Scotland becomes a "Foreign" Country does footymad delete the Scotland forum.? And does the Bbc stop putting Scottish prem fixtures before the English league one downwards on their fixture list ?

I think you should address those questions to Footymad and the BBC, respectively.

Don't expect an honest answer, though, as they will probably tell you whatever they think is politically expedient to further the cause of whatever side of the yes/no debate they fall on.

Sad to see the bitter together campaign now trying to bribe Scots to say no by promising more devolved powers if they do so ...

An informed view - view external link

FFS Dundee

GTF ye Dabs

Dundee town hall.

tommy sheridan on radio earlier. said what i would want to hear if i were scotch.

i'd be a YES if i had a vote.

Politicians are blawbags, it's alright them saying what they want, but how they pay for it is another.
    Only a fool would believe Salmond or any other politician who claims he'll create Utopia.
    Market forces and the banks run countries not governments.

that's a very defeatist stance to take, jj.

i'd say in a small democracy like scotchland would be you'd have more opportunity of deciding your future and what role banks/markets have to play.

you only have to look at the different ways in which norway and uk have used their offshore oil windfall to see that things can be very different.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast