+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoth referendum

Scoth referendum

More yeahs than naes now.. I suppose if they vote for self rule we will be able to invade them and wipe them all out..

Apart from Buc of course who is a thoroughly decent bloke .. JJ will probably have moved to Spain by then..

re: Scoth referendum

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    More yeahs than naes now.. I suppose if they vote for self rule we will be able to invade them and wipe them all out..

Apart from Buc of course who is a thoroughly decent bloke .. JJ will probably have moved to Spain by then..
    Spain or France...

... or Engurland.

Actually not got to much against the Scots apart from they don;t wash and cross dress. But cannot understand why Scottish people post on an English chat forum rather than a Scottish forum. Weird.

Leave me alone you paranoid fool.

Quote Originally Posted by trickydick
    Actually not got to much against the Scots apart from they don;t wash and cross dress. But cannot understand why Scottish people post on an English chat forum rather than a Scottish forum. Weird.
    it's obviously not for the bonhomie and witty banter of the locals.

Good informed discussion going on in this thread.

I'm really going to have to digest the arguments put forth, but I'm sure they'll influence my vote come September 18.

In fact, I'm certain I'll be voting YES.

You should, too, JJ.

Time for Scotland to take responsibilty for it's own future, rather than leaving it to a London-controlled English governement in Westminster.

I'm a YES

why?

what will be the big differences - in practical terms - between an UK scotchland and an independent one?

In concrete terms, what will be different remains to be seen. What's for sure, though, is that all aspects of Scottish governance will be driven by the Scottish politic and the will, values, and desires of the people of Scotland.

That's not the case right now. And too often decisions made by the Westminster government are at odds with what the people of Scotland want.

I'm flying into Scotland next Tuesday, in advance of the vote. Then, on Friday, I'll be back on a plane (business class, of course) to San Francisco.

still a bit confused by your stance tbh. seems a bit hazy.

are you a HNW with business in scotchland who is hoping for it become another celtic tiger like ireland?

or are you a left-leaning sort hacked off with tory cuts and want to protect the welfare state?

you can talk about values and desires all you like. scots are a varied bunch and i'm sure they don't hold the same ones dear.

just tell us what they are and mean to you.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast