+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3 points off the top ...

re: 3 points off the top ...

Quote Originally Posted by blue_bruce
    Back on topic...I didn't realise we were so close to the top at this stage until I saw this thread, but I have to say it really goes to show that the people who were worried we might be fighting relegation this year really don't know what they're talking about (or are eternal pessimists). There's no chance we will be in that mixup, short of something ridiculous happening to us.
    We've had a tough opening set of fixtures, and have come out in a reasonable position of strength to kick on. We do like to cock up against the weaker teams at times though, so we will see how it goes.
    Also, BB, you only have to look at the results from Saturday to see a repeat of last season - that is, the completely unpredictable nature of matches in this league. If a team strings three wins in a row together, that team can go from the border of the relegation-zone to the play-off places.

Yep Auckland, precisely why I thought people were being ridiculous talking about relegation fights (albeit on BRFCS..here the pre-season predictions were generally all top 8, mostly top 6...some right negative ****ers on there!)

I'd be astonished if we finished in the bottom half even, utterly astonished. We're plenty good enough to reach the play-offs. With a lot of luck and the stars and planets aligning just right (aka, player form, tactical improvements from the manager, not too many crucial injuries), we could even go up.

Another thing people have been saying that is now shown to be stupid...the talk in the summer that Olsson shouldn't have been kept on. Granted, even I, as someone who said he should be kept on, didn't foresee him playing this well, and the form may dip, but I think it was clear to a lot of people that the lad would make for a steady, cheap squad player with a bit of versatility. What I wasn't expecting was him to step up like this, especially at LB (not his nat

I can't see you losing too many matches this season .. You should finish in the top seven easily..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)