+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crowd size at Rotherham game

Crowd size at Rotherham game

Living in Australia I can only get to see games via video clips. Just watched Joe Masons goals v Rotherham the Macron looked half empty, Can somebody post what the crowd size was. Been following the posts on here and in the BEN can't believe what is happening to the club. No doubt Dougie will now be spruiking about light at the end of the tunnel - unfortunately its a train!!

re: Crowd size at Rotherham game

Thanks Stan surprised it was that many!

Our ground looks pretty empty with anything less than 25000 anyway, the vacant seats seem to be more prominent than most stadiums, so with it less than half full it looks completely empty. We are getting the lowest crowds we have ever had since we moved from Burnden and for a few years before that. I think it will get worse. We have been unbelievably awful all season and have only mustered about 5 shots on target at home before last night.

I know a few season ticket holders who didn't go last night and though in the end they missed a good last 30 minutes I don't think we have turned the corner. We tried our best to throw the lead away 3 times and I am not sure their second equaliser was offside. Dougie will no doubt have seen our performance as sublime. At least he played 2 strikers. Mcnaughton must come back as Ream is a liability in that position and when Feaney came on at least he played on the right wing.

lordy good post hope the crowd gets lower wish the hard core would take control and demonstrate with a no go until eddie is forced into getting rid of garty

Just had a look at our attendances and Tuesday was our lowest crowd since we played Grimsby in 1997, and the worst crowd before that was 1993 against Oxford, it will be probably be worse for the next home game, how has it got to this ?

I sometimes go to the matches with a family friend who's in his 80s.

For the Sheff Wed match, it would have cost him £22 for a ticket. It's a joke that it should cost that much for anybody to witness this crap, let alone an OAP.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_hooray
    how has it got to this ?
    Because non-season ticket holders can't be bothered turnimg out on a Tuuesday night and shelling out the money

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)