+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Very poor

Very poor

It's a good job we can attack and it's a good job we can score because our defence in the 2nd half was pulled from pillar to post.credit to Felix who made there wide men get some white paint on there boots.our full backs were having to stay out wide and left our cb's to try and cover McCormack and roddy which caused us no end of problems.our cb'a couldn't commit as there wasn't a full back to pick up the peices.what baffled me was I could see it but the players struggled to see it.
    Darlow made a couple of good saves
    Hunt struggled at times defensively
    Lichaj struggled but was ok
    Mancienne was class winning most headers and just being in the right place at the right time.
    Fox was ok struggled at left back with there wingers pace
    Burke was rubbish
    Tesche had a steady game
    Lansbury put a right shift in and shown some prem quality touches
    Osborn was steady and put a good shift in
    Antonio was class last night and again was being tripped up all night,he must no he's been in a game when he g

re: Very poor

Can't comment on the game last night but i know one thing, we had the will to win no matter what which can only be a good thing, the will to win.

Normally I would have felt very despondent after we threw away a 2 goal lead, but even at 3-2 down, I wasn't despondent. It just seem that there were more goals in the game, luckily for us, it came our way.

I think Wilson has earned a starting berth after yesterday's display.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    Normally I would have felt very despondent after we threw away a 2 goal lead, but even at 3-2 down, I wasn't despondent. It just seem that there were more goals in the game, luckily for us, it came our way.

I think Wilson has earned a starting berth after yesterday's display.
    im not sure hes ready for a start just yet,looked a little off the pace which is expected but when he came on roddy and ross were playing well and running at us.

Their midfield ran that game for about an hour. Osborn was out-classed and against those players we need Vaughan to be available. Also thought Lansbury was anonymous when he played up front and when he came back to the centre he conceded a lot of free kicks.
    Antonio caused them problems but he was also responsible for their third goal and McCormacks free kick. For a strong lad he was easily shoved from his position in the wall by a tiny bloke of their which allowed McCormack to bend it in.
    Still, we wont come across many midfields and attacking line-ups as strong as theirs again this season. It's incredible that they are bottom when they have two thirds of a promotion winning squad but their defence is League 2.

I blame Darlow for the free kick goal.
    His positioning was awful. He must have had 6 yards of the goal to his right on show.
    The token dive after the kick was almost laughable and if you'd had an accusation of match fixing, you'd have questioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raimondo_Ponte
    Their midfield ran that game for about an hour. Osborn was out-classed and against those players we need Vaughan to be available. Also thought Lansbury was anonymous when he played up front and when he came back to the centre he conceded a lot of free kicks.
    Antonio caused them problems but he was also responsible for their third goal and McCormacks free kick. For a strong lad he was easily shoved from his position in the wall by a tiny bloke of their which allowed McCormack to bend it in.
    Still, we wont come across many midfields and attacking line-ups as strong as theirs again this season. It's incredible that they are bottom when they have two thirds of a promotion winning squad but their defence is League 2.
    It was just one of those days where some players played superbly while the others were below par.

But maybe you're right about Osborn and Vaughan. I think while Fryatt is unavailable, we should utilise Paterson to gi