+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT Scotland

OT Scotland

Well it's the big vote today!!!!

Personally I hope that they stay in the UK but if not then they deserve everything that they get.

I hate Alex Salmond with a passion and the bully boys that have been intimidating voters. One of my mates is a massive Celtic fan, of Irish descent, and as rabid a Scot as you could meet. He went to the polls today still undecided on which way to vote. He's not stupid and realises the benefits of being in the UK and loves the North of the UK. It's the London crowd that he and others despise. He was spat on by by a 'Yes' placard-waving moron when he was harassed about which way he was voting and he replied that he was leaning towards a 'No' vote. He decked him. In return for the spittle. I don't condone violence in any way shape or form but these 'elections' are like something that you would see in the third world and those that are intimidating voters deserve everything that they get

re: OT Scotland

going to b interesting JJ, know what your celtic pal is talking about, its a sad state of affairs.

This vote will damage Scotland years, which ever way it goes, 40 odd % of the country will upset, it seems that yesterdays friends have become todays enemies - pals and families falling out and fighting over a difference of opinion ! WTF

cant understand why no one sees that which ever way it goes the vast majority of people will be no better/worse off, only the rich and big business win.

Sadly its not politics that is being voted on, its turned into and English/Scottish thing and that shi t is better placed in the history books.

Scots will always play a part in the English future and visa versa IMO.

Be glad when its done and dusted !!

Is democracy. No matter what the die hard Scots have against England in particular, there is no other place in the world who would have allowed this kind of referendum.

I hope they stay, we are one in my opinion, but if they vote to go, well it must be in its entirety.

I think , but may be wrong , that many people have kept quiet because of the threats from the fervent scumbag percentage of the "yes" camp, of which Salmond has encouraged.

Its Ok to hit a blind man on George Square, because he supported the "No" campaign, very very brave. Numerous other like incidents.

Last Saturday there were 15,000 Orangemen and their supporters in Edinburgh at a rally for the "no". Where were the braveheart filth then ? I notice no one was brave enough to hurl abuse or attack them.

If it is a "No" vote, there will be mayhem tomorrow in Scotland. The same with a "yes" vote. There will be a well and truly divided Scotland, for many years to come. A little like the miners strike, hostilities s

And I hope the vote is well policed to prevent any tampering.

The postal votes that people get these days is a licence for fraud.

If you work abroad, or are legitimately unable to vote in person fair enough.

Otherwise if you don't go to vote in person, then tough luck, no vote.

People should not be intimidated whatever way they are voting, heard these Kunts on tv tonight, EVERY ONE IN SCOTLAND IS NOT A LABOUR FAN, if they had our Bolton council they would never vote for those morons again, Clackmannashire have voted to stay with us, c'mon u whites, Freedman out !I will bid you Goodnight

Looks like someone was pissed last night

OK the people of Scotland have spoken. I'm glad they voted 'No' but completely understand why so many voted 'Yes'

Please can it be our turn in the North to get away from control by Westminster? The government does fk all for the North of England whoever is in power. What bribery package will they put in place for us then? Investment in industry? Free university places? Cheaper healthcare perhaps? Doubt it. As ever we will get fk all.

I propose that we form a Northern Republic. Team up with the Scots, the Welsh and the Northern Irish. Oh and Cornwall as well cos they've been wanting independence for ages and are as mad as hatters so would be a good laugh. The Midlands can join as well cos they are North of Westminster and East Anglia cos we need chickens to eat. I also propose relocating Hadrian's Wall to encircle the M25

alex sammon political career is finally over fu cking commy

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)