+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Did anyone see the Freedman out banner in the ESU

Did anyone see the Freedman out banner in the ESU

Had it draped over the front before the match,the stewards made us move it to the back of the ESU,till Gartside told the stewards to move it as it was 30ft x4ft I was taking it home.If you ain't seen it you will have to go to Bolton Wanderers news now the banner is on a blog but is on page 2 Worlds biggest Freedman out banner removed.

re: Did anyone see the Freedman out banner in the ESU

Was it this one?

My mate was at the game and saw it and then texted me this pic that he'd seen somewhere on the net

Nice to see the stewards holding it

Yes that the one jimmy they wouldn't let me drape it over the ESU front row,I'd spent all day putting hand ties at the end and in the middle.as it was that heavy.But we were told we could put it at the top of the ESU where it remained for another ten minutes or so till Gartside sent the stewards a message saying it had to be removed.
    So I said its mine I've paid for it over my dead body are you taking it.
    To be honest the stewards were ok and allowed me to put it somewhere safe to collect after the match I'm sure if things don't improve it will revealed at an away match.
    The stewards there will not be able to take it down.

Must admit I feel sorry for Freedman to an extent. He's useless and pig-headed but probably not a bad person like Megson who actually seemed to enjoy the ongoing conflict with the fans.

Despite that, I couldn't help hoping to get a look at a nice big Freedman Out banner the other night. It sounds like I just missed it.

Yeah I still remember Megson referring to the fans as "These lot" and the ground as "This place" what a shirt front he was.

Yeah, I saw it. I got to my seat in the WSL about 5 minutes before kickoff and at that time, it was positioned at the back of the ESU. The stewards took it down pretty sharpish though.

hey guys the real culprite who has hurt our club ain't df its his employer who got it took down

you should be making banners saying

"Gartside out!we know its not your fault Dougie"

that would really wind gartside up seeing them all over every away match and home matches.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)