+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: BOWYER OUT.

re: BOWYER OUT.

Big Sam saved us from relegation and then made us a strong mid table Premier League side, his tactics were raw but with the money available were very effective.
    I was mortified when he was unjustly sacked by a gang of crooks and liars and now we have paid the price.
    If anyone thinks his sacking has improved the club then give me a call and I will pay for a therapist.

Anyone who can say watching an Allardyce team was entertaining needs to give their head a wobble . OK he may have kept us up and you can say at the end of the day its a results business , but the football was dire and I reckon if he was still our manager now and we were still Premier League , finishing between 10th and 16th each seaso0n our attendances would be pretty much what they are now .

I wouldn't say him leaving improved us. As the Venky's had taken control and went onto employ Steve Kean, followed by relegation in the second season and then Henning Berg, then Appleton.

On coming into the club, bearing in mind the exact position Mark Hughes had left us, we where certainly better than strong mid table ...we got into Europe and numerous Cup Semi finals...I'd say he took us backwards, using almost the same playing staff and having the likes of Phil Jones coming through, downwards from a side finishing in and around european places to mid table (at the very very best). Yes, Paul Ince and his 4months in the job was sandwiched in between, before Allardyce came in. And league wise we where in trouble. He did, at first take us out of a relegation place into finishing comfortably. Just a few months prior to that, when Hughes left, we had a decent enough squad for a decent manager to carry on the good work Hughesy had started. At best we finished mid table and the football w

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)