+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Today's match

Today's match

Have just returned from Walsall. I have spent hard earned money for me and my 2 grandsons to watch a pitiful and gutless display. It's not often I moan about the Rovers but to go 90 minutes and not have a serious attempt on goal was shocking. I am just wondering where do we go from here?

re: Today's match

In the last seven years we have enjoyed 5 years in the Championship and the other 2 years we had promotions backup from League One. Generally speaking, we have enjoyed a lot of success for a small town. But at the moment it looks like we are in freefall and it's not a feeling we are used to. I keep saying it, but we look like a team with no real passion to win and get "back up there". We have players with talent who just want to kill 90 mins and go home. And you saw that today.

Lifelongrover, the answer is easy, down. Unless we throw Dickov overboard this ship is doomed. Now is the time to act not in late december when its to late. What makes me smile is that Dickov comes out with the same patter after every dismal performance, he clearly feels that he is not to blame, he really is clueless

Septus, Dickov is not to blame! He can only work with the players at his disposal. If blame is to be laid it is with the directors!

Naively, I am a founder & continuing contributing member of the Alliance, aka, youth development. Nowadays I rarely go to home games (100+ miles round trip) for personal reasons, but I continue to fork out my £100+ annual contribution to the Alliance. I'm still waiting for a return on my investment!

Premier League Hull City is on my doorstep - just 10 minutes drive down the road. I'm not tempted! My heart is with the ROVERS!

So far..., not so good. Although I don't blame Dickov for relegation last season, the general performance level of teams that he has managed is poor - the highlight of his management career so far (discounting the one-off victory against Liverpool in the cup) was in 2011/2012 when finishing 16th in League One with Oldham. Something somewhere then (player management skills, tactics...?) might appear to be not quite right...

Off Again tomorrow like a kid at Christmas can't wait should know better at my age

As I said in another thread, thanks to reporter Chris Holt of the Star for a quote I feel I have to share:-

----------

Fleetwood Town v Doncaster Rovers

Probably the hardest match to call of all this weekend - two teams hovering around mid-table, linked by their inconsistency. Rovers performances this season have veered between the sublime and the ridiculous; when they’re good, they’re very good but when they’re bad... So, who knows what to expect really - perhaps a draw would be appropriate.

Prediction: Fleetwood Town 2 Doncaster Rovers 2

----------

So let's hope the right team turns up today. C'mon Rovers, I'm about the only person tipping for a win if Chris Main starts !!!

Two weeks of resting and preparation for the Fleetwood game. A load of hype from Dickhead about how our strikers will scare the rest of the division. Keegan said no excuses for not sticking to the game plan. So what was the plan ? To lose 3-1 and still be just 2 points off relegation !?? We may have two games in hand, but based on that performance against a team that was heading down the table I don't see many points from those games.

Lifelong, I'm so sorry you had to waste your time and money going to see that game. And sure enough Curtis Main was not out at the start and PD managed to screw up again.

Will the board still support PD when he takes us down?

I am fast losing patience with PD AND HIS TEAM AND TACTICS...not good or consistent enough for our club or fans ... who would have thought being outplayed and losing to the likes of FLEETWOOD,WALSALL,OLDHAM ETC. hanging on like grim death to chesterfield for the last twenty minutes to gain a very lucky win ... ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL... the club must access its position now before it really gets out of hand ... fast tracking for conference at moment MAY THE POWERS THAT BE RUN A MAGIC WAND OVER THE PLACE