+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How is Davis still in a job?

re: How is Davis still in a job?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyCol
    Just read it over again. IN FACT, the bit you understand was the whole post. So what part didn't you understand? Or were you being purposefully facetious?

That's a great reply, thank you.
    I had to read and re-read yours a couple of times too!

My original point was that I wasn't sure if I understood the point you were making, listing all those other managers.
    However, you seem to think that, judging by my reply, I must have understood. I remain unconvinced

So, no, not purposely facetious.
    I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on who should be running the team right now.

What I will say though is that without the fans' support, it almost makes his job untenable anyway (look at Pardew, dead man walking) - do we really want that? Maybe you do ...

It doesn't seem as if Steve has anything more to give at the moment. So it would be a kindness to him if he were to be granted some compassionate leave.

I like Bakes, but am not sure if he's of the calibre to manage the team over the next few games. He certainly got nowhere after Dario's heart op, paving the way for the maestro's triumphant return against Derby (gosh, those were the days!)

However, James Collins is an intelligent football man, I think, and could be given a go.

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    It doesn't seem as if Steve has anything more to give at the moment. So it would be a kindness to him if he were to be granted some compassionate leave.

VdP, with respect ... ... what are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    I would consider that our malaise has lasted for longer than 9 league games

That’s as may be but why weren’t people calling for his head then? Maybe a few were but not the number that are now – so most *ARE* judging him on 9 games! That was my point![/quote]

Here we go again. Many of the home supporters that I speak to at games agree that SD's record over the period of time is not good enough and they are judging him over a longer period of time than you actually suggest. There have been very few decent performances at home, where the team are expected to perform well (witnessed by the majority of fans), since April 2013 (in fact, the games prior to this were pretty dire too, if memory serves me correctly).

I don't know why you are stating at the end of your quote, "that was my point". We all know what is your point, Somerset. By the way, I was not having a go at you wi

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    I would consider that our malaise has lasted for longer than 9 league games

That’s as may be but why weren’t people calling for his head then? Maybe a few were but not the number that are now – so most *ARE* judging him on 9 games! That was my point![/quote]

its more than 9 games, the whole of last season was a disaster too, escaping relegation on the final day, letting in 80 goals and surviving by the skin of our teeth with the help of two fine loanees, Chuks and Uche, its not gonna happen anytime soon this season that!

I think the fact that Davis took over a team near bottom and took them to promotion (even with Powell and Murphy) actually demonstartes he's a good motivator and tactician.

I just don't think he can rebuild a team, and thats a key to a selling club.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    There have been very few decent performances at home ...

Trust me, away performances are no better, so I think I can share your frustration.

But the point of this thread is clearly to question SD's position as manager.
    I don't, I want him to stay and fix this, (just like DG was allowed to do in 91).
    Some do question it, and want him out.
    Many others are sitting on the fence.

Judging by last weekend's P&G, he still has a fair bit of support.
    I just hope the team gets that sort of backing tonight and roar us onto 3 pts.
    Here's hoping!

Because he has not been sacked!

The board are waiting for harry Davis return ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by DannyCol
    Managers have a shelf life, as our mate Micky has said. Davis has to go.

It's still early in the season so let's not get ahead of ourselves but just wondering what you think right now?
    Still unmoved?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast