+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How is Davis still in a job?

re: How is Davis still in a job?

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    Managers have a shelf life, as our mate Micky has said. Davis has to go.

It's still early in the season so let's not get ahead of ourselves but just wondering what you think right now?
    Still unmoved?[/quote]
    I think you will find all those who wanted to see SD sacked will be quiet for a couple of days they are probably a little disappointed that we have won back to back games. They also know that we wont go unbeaten for the rest of the season so are just waiting there chance, the next time we lose they will be back carping the same nonsense.

Managers have a shelf life, as our mate Micky has said. Davis has to go.

It's still early in the season so let's not get ahead of ourselves but just wondering what you think right now?
    Still unmoved?[/quote]

Two narrow victories over 2 poor teams. Let's not pretend we've turned into Brazil.

And gobstopper. Are you an infant, or just a complete bellend? Why would anybody want us to lose a game? I personally have already spent hundreds of pounds watching the Alex this season, so how about showing some respect for people's opinions. We have beaten Coventry and Walsall FFS, let's see what happens Tuesday night.

We're bottom of the league with a goal difference of -19. Let's not get carried away.

Yes, let's see what happens Tuesday night because, of course "we should be beating the likes of Peterborough". The question at the top of this thread is "How is Davis in a Job". Well, he is in this job because he is the right man for it. From a little over a week ago when a lot of people were having us in the Conference in 2 seasons, we have now achieved back to back wins (nothing to get carried away about and I don't imagine anyone at the club will be doing)and are sitting 3 points away from the safe positions. Rather than sitting back and keeping quiet while waiting for the inevitable defeat to reinforce the argument behind the question, why not acknowledge the fact that the team have played very well in their most recent two matches and enjoy those moments we all watche the game for.

[quote="Timmy58". Well, he is in this job because he is the right man for it. From a little over a week ago when a lot of people were having us in the Conference in 2 seasons, we have now achieved back to back wins (nothing to get carried away about and I don't imagine anyone at the club will be doing)and are sitting 3 points away from the safe positions. Rather than sitting back and keeping quiet while waiting for the inevitable defeat to reinforce the argument behind the question, why not acknowledge the fact that the team have played very well in their most recent two matches and enjoy those moments we all watche the game for.[/quote]

Sitting back and keeping quiet? What planet are you on? You were replying to a comment I made, so how the hell is that sitting back and keeping quie

Prior to beating two poor team, we were losing to equally poor teams. So, as I say, the manager is the right man for this job and we should be right behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58
    Prior to beating two poor team, we were losing to equally poor teams. So, as I say, the manager is the right man for this job and we should be right behind him.
    That literally makes no sense.

The point is, that the manager should not be facing calls for his job on the basis of a handful of disappointing results. He is doing a decent job with the resources available to him. So, 2 defeats in the next couple of games should not renew calls for him to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyCol
    Two narrow victories over 2 poor teams. Let's not pretend we've turned into Brazil.

The response I expected, thank you!

The response I expected, thank you![/quote]

Not the only thing I said, was it? If you're gonna quote me, use the whole post.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast