+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How is Davis still in a job?

re: How is Davis still in a job?

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    Not hiding away, Somerset. And not taking back anything I said at the time either.

I meant to respond to this one at the time - but forgot!

But mainly to say, it wasn't you I was thinking of, VdP.
    Yes, you've criticised SD but there's nothing wrong with that, of course there isn't - I did likewise after the Blades league game when he changed a winning combination, (reverting to 2 CHs - thank goodness he's seen the light there!).
    But, like most, you appear to have a balanced view.

It's those who do nothing but that get me!!

I was reminded of this when I listened to the interview of the Bristol Rovers manager in the BBC link below.
    Feeling the pressure or just showing passion and togetherness? - you decide!
    For me, very much the latter.
    Rovers are arguably a much bigger club than ours and yet they are having to go again.
    Fans boarding players' coaches??
    Vindictive posters at training grounds??
    It's only a bloody game

So who then somerset?

It isn't me as I was always pro and patient, though received stick anyway from a certain poster

Also, is it really that good now? Only I looked at the league table...

We are a win away from feeling ok, but a defeat away from being certs again!

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs
    So who then somerset?

Not you, Proggs, that's for sure.
    Wouldn't dare suggest otherwise!

No, I won'ts (I thought they were obvious, 3 in particular, but maybe it's just me!).
    My last word on the subject - on this thread anyway - I'm starting to bore even myself!

If Davis is still in post on Monday morning my season ticket goes in the fire and 54 years of unbroken support could be over

He got a lot wrong today, well this week really. End of Nov and he is still guessing his squad like it is pre-season.

Buys players and doesn't trust them/play them, loans poor quality, players out of position. The list goes on. A very bad day, a bad week and if truth be told the reality is, even after a bit of a bluster, we are bottom and 4 will go down...we will be one of those 4.

Still, seems folk support the manager more than the club/team these days. Very disappointed

Still in a job because who else would take over the reigns with hardly any funds and improve our situation? Plus, there had been an improvement in fortunes until today, although I did have my reservations about this game (see other thread) and then SD went and made things even more impossible for the team, by completely changing the side that had kept several league clean sheets.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678