+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How is Davis still in a job?

How is Davis still in a job?

I keep hearing that a manager doesn't 'lose it'.

Here are a few examples:

Aidy Boothroyd
    Nigel Clough
    Iain Dowie
    Danny Wilson
    David Moyes
    Micky Adams
    Mark Robins
    Lee Clark
    Dougie Freedman
    Nigel Worthington

Shall I carry on? Managers have a shelf life, as our mate Micky has said. Davis has to go. That was horrific today. Davis is a joke. No prem/champ players to dig him out of this one.

Go on Steve, blame the board again!!!

re: How is Davis still in a job?

Paul Ince
    Steve Clark
    Chris Hughton
    Gudjon Thordarson

And many, many more.

No idea, he's lost it completely now IMO

Quote Originally Posted by DannyCol
    Managers have a shelf life, as our mate Micky has said. Davis has to go.

Not quite sure I understand the point of this post - so I've just picked out the bit that makes sense (to me anyway).

I wholeheartedly agree that managers DO have a shelf life - Mental Micky was right - for once!
    But when is that point exactly?

The first time I even considered the topic was when DG started to lose the Midas touch in the Champs in 2005. Arsenal fans have the same with Wenger. Who knows, even ManU could have reached that point had Fergie stayed a little longer.

But as I say, what determines (or "dermines" as the OS likes to spell it ), a shelf life?
    You can't tell me Moyes (or even Van Gaal) had reached his at ManU ...?!!
    Has Wilcox at Scunny?
    Has Dyche at Burnley, Evans at Rotherham, Appleton at Oxford?

If every club sacked a manager at the first sign of trouble, (and I accept a lot do), then the game is in a very, very sorry state.
    *NO

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    Managers have a shelf life, as our mate Micky has said. Davis has to go.

Not quite sure I understand the point of this post - so I've just picked out the bit that makes sense (to me anyway).

I wholeheartedly agree that managers DO have a shelf life - Mental Micky was right - for once!
    But when is that point exactly?

The first time I even considered the topic was when DG started to lose the Midas touch in the Champs in 2005. Arsenal fans have the same with Wenger. Who knows, even ManU could have reached that point had Fergie stayed a little longer.

But as I say, what determines (or "dermines" as the OS likes to spell it ), a shelf life?
    You can't tell me Moyes (or even Van Gaal) had reached his at ManU ...?!!
    Has Wilcox at Scunny?
    Has Dyche at Burnley, Evans at Rotherham, Appleton at Oxford?

If every club sacked a manager at the first sign of trouble, (and I accept a lot do)

Its a difficult one really.

Was it SD's managerial ability that got us promoted or jusr fortunate we had Nick Powell and Murphy?

We should remember that Steve was also assistant to Thordason and spent all of the match on the touchline and so what influence did he have during that torrid time?

We should also remember that SD was just a non league manager and this was his first Pro club and so maybe his experience in managing, motivating, buying and getting players here is questionable?

It still annoys a little bit, not much but a tad that SD when appointed said he was not using Crewe as a stepping stone and yet that was an untruth as the first chance he got he went for interviews at Burnley and Wolves and may have been close, very close to leaving.

Of course its right for him to have ambition to manage at a higher level but please Steve, don't say things like that and then do something different almost right away.

You say you 'love' this club but would you do as Mickey Adams

Dougie Freedman is prob on the brink at Bolton now.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    I would consider that our malaise has lasted for longer than 9 league games

That’s as may be but why weren’t people calling for his head then? Maybe a few were but not the number that are now – so most *ARE* judging him on 9 games! That was my point!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    Was it SD's managerial ability that got us promoted or jusr fortunate we had Nick Powell and Murphy?

Tongue in cheek I hope. Without Steve’s intervention, where do you think we’d be now?

The post clearly did make sense to you, because you went on to try and pick the rest of it apart in a following comment.

So, let me get this straight. We IGNORE last season ( I am pretty sure I read that correctly, had to check a couple of times), because of this so called '2nd season syndrome'. Ok, I'll do that for a second.

Please cast your mind back to the winter months of our 1st season, and in particular, our home games. Do you remember the ludicrous amount of games we somehow scraped through? Opposition forwards clearing the railway, hitting posts, bars, looping onto the roof of the net. Our goal led a charmed life, that is an absolute fact. Myself, and quite a few others if I remember correctly, all said this can't last. It didn't, then the 2nd season happened. But we should just 'forget' about the 2nd season.

I mean, we are cut adrift at the bottom of the league, with a -16 goal difference. Davis is the man to turn it around and all that (sarcasm).

Just read your opening

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast