+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe it?

Do you believe it?

After claiming that a deal had been concluded to sell the club on 10 June, our 76 year old chairman has claimed he turned down a bid for a player for "several million" before deadline day.

If anyone does believe this, who do they think the player was?

re: Do you believe it?

Sing along now.

Where were you when we were good...Where were you when we were good...Where were you...where were you...Ar bollox to it!!!!!!!

Ohhohh come GHB on every Wednasdayite knows who it was. A clue - the bidding club was Palace. How far behind are you ? Why mention Mr Mandric is 79 - a bit ageist. Still I hope you enjoyed your 125th birthday.

SKT xxxx

Don't see what MM would get out of it by making it up?

Liam 'Liverpool' Palmer would be my guess, but there was interest around Nuhiu - but doubt it was of that value.

Surprised to see you back on here to be honest, after all you did tell us we were doomed and the squad would suffer because of the takeover...

Nope, what he said was he'd turned down several million for the whole team, ground and coaching staff, but £2 million wasn't enough.

Considering that our club was losing over £10,000 per day before the kit fiasco, a loan for £1.5m was due for repayment yesterday and one for £2m is due on 19 October, does anyone really believe that we are in a position to turn down multi-million pound bids?

[quote="GHO" before deadline day.

If anyone does believe this, who do they think the player was?[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by GHO
    Considering that our club was losing over £10,000 per day before the kit fiasco, a loan for £1.5m was due for repayment yesterday and one for £2m is due on 19 October, does anyone really believe that we are in a position to turn down multi-million pound bids?

GHB - (or is it George Osborne - I'm not sure)

Obviously we are. Makes a change. I suppose Mr Mandric is looking at long term planning not short terms austerity and we should thank him for that. Personally I blame the Tories for everything. Ask them. The evil so and so's.

Cheer up love - it could be worse. Well maybe not in your mind. Smileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

SKT xxxx

PS: the players begins with a ... I thought you would have known.

Did yesterdays due payment get repaid then?

So you're basically saying MM is lying? why would he?

How can anyone possibly know if the loan was repaid? nobody can answer that until the next annual report...which I'm sure you'll have in your diary

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)