+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This has being going on for too long.

This has being going on for too long.

Before this present campaign kicked off, I stated that I was more apprehensive over our prospects this season, than at any time since the re-election circus days of 1970's / early 80's. I hoped that I would be proved wrong, but unfortunately that has not happened. The doom mongers, as some prefer to call them, were indeed correct and I can see no light at the end of the tunnel in the foreseeable future. We could be heading for our worst start to a season since 1956-57.

Our present malaise can be traced back to the time when the lads returned from Wembley in April 2013. From the time we faced Brentford at home on that Wednesday evening (with a play-off position still in our sights), the team have largely misfired. So although SD had a purple patch for the first 18 months of his tenure, the past 18 months have been a disaster.

re: This has being going on for too long.

Don't take pleasure for being a Doombuster but I guess I don't have Blinkers on is the cause!
    and C.A just go around in Circles and Never learn from Past mistakes so its easy to predict.
    I can see if C.A go into the 2nd dive within 3 seasons we will be in the Conference Why!! as we don't appear to have any plan at going forward,its always has been one step forward 3 steps back.
    When you can not run a Club Shop correctly you have serious problems.
    There is some good news mind,Norms Business is picking up after 3 million invested from the CREWE ALEX BANK and the Academy they get ALL the money they want. The team? well that's another matter tight budget !!and all that crap

We all remember SD half way through last season saying the players are not good enough and we know what happened the second half. We then started this season with an even weaker squad and SD is still saying the same thing and was amazed at his post match reaction tbh. Did we win that game? Are we top of the league? That was the impression I got anyway. Its always I will need to sort it out and we will do some more work in training. We have too many Chiefs and the Indians are Conference standard. And L2 is above our standard at the moment.

The answer then?

Well most clubs would have ditched the manager by now and we have just got 300 grand for Clayton and so maybe it would be cheaper to sack Steve and allow us to at least try someone else. Its probably the cheapest option. I am amazed that someone said that 95% of the fans don't want him removed.

Say all you like about Mickey Adams but he had the grace to move out at no compensation to his club and that is as principled as you

Yes, it has been going on too long but we have got to want to change as a club. Our most successful spell in recent times came when we had a mix of youth and experience. Unfortunately, DG chose to go away from experience (because he couldn't coach them to do everything his way) and we havebeen left with a phylosophy of youth and more youth. When GT wanted redress that, he was pilloried for 'not playing the kids'.

Quote Originally Posted by Crewe99
    Yes, it has been going on too long but we have got to want to change as a club. Our most successful spell in recent times came when we had a mix of youth and experience. Unfortunately, DG chose to go away from experience (because he couldn't coach them to do everything his way) and we havebeen left with a phylosophy of youth and more youth. When GT wanted redress that, he was pilloried for 'not playing the kids'.
    It was quite funny sometimes when who was it Murdock put two fingers up to the manager when he kept asking him to do so and so...

Its a good point sometimes and here's one for Derek! It has to be frustrating for many players especially the more seasoned ones to be told HOW to play the game when the coaches and managers have never played at that level or any level. Everyone seems to know when certain players are played OUT of position and yet the manager doesn't. So how good are these coaches and managers really? Was it th

Just to add weight to my argument, the following statistic makes alarming reading. In the 18 months since we returned from winning the JPT, after which the team lost to Brentford on 10th April 2013, the Alex home faithful have seen the Alex win just 10 league games. That is an appalling record for the Crewe management team and poor value for money for the paying public.

For me it's not a matter of Davis putting to much faith in the youth team its a matter of him not being able to build a team.

The system that this club uses has always meant that we've had to adapt to fit the players we produce. Neat and tidy football when we had the likes of Murphy and Whalley, counter attack when we had Varney and Maynard.

Unfortunately he's now struggling to build a side around the next generation.

Bringing in players that don't suit the team, wasting money on innefective loans and seemingly not having an actual style of play are the things that are costing us.

It's Davis's first period of real struggle as a manager where he doesn't have somewhere to shift the blame. He could do a lot worse than using the experience of the man who was the master of building a team around what we've got.

I have to agree with my good friend alexmick...I have tried to be positive but to no avail...we are dire..and yes I hate to say it but a laughing stock ..especially after what players we have produced...Im not gonna mention the financial aspect..coz I knows nothing bout that...but the players and management..sorry but there has to be changes...where I dont know...