+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SD Out

re: SD Out

I like Steve as we all do probably but its not just the money for players though as important that is. He changed the team after we beat Vale away last season. He did that again after we beat Barnsley away. Why was that? He leaves subs too late in the game and maybe the loan players are good enough but Steve can't get them to play. Just like he can't get Inman to do so. He has chopped and changed for changes sake and even now, doesn't know what his best team is.

I also don't like his after match attitude and comes across as someone who has been told his job is safe no matter what? OK so you may not like Mickey Adams but he said he deserves to lose his job if the team loses game after game. And he was ****ed off after the games he lost.

Its really disgraceful that the Board of Directors and John Bowler in particular has failed to talk with the fans. Radio Stoke tonight said they had asked for him to come and make a statement and his silence speaks volumes.

SD had a duty to go

Just listened to Jules's call (thanks Mick for pointing it out) and he went a long way to shedding some light on several questions that have been asked on here. I think all pro- and anti- fans should listen to it.
    SD will be pleased to see Harry back on a pitch as his return can't come soon enough. Not because he is the greatest centre-half in the world but because he has to be better than we have seen taking to the field this season. One of my main gripes is playing players out of position, it's hardly surprising that we are struggling when we have players trying to do something they aren't good at/used to doing.

I suspect that Alexmick is right with his reporting of the piece on RS. I cannot believe that any manager would allow this situation to continue if there were funds available to deal with the problems. As you say Mick, get behind the team and the manager. If we were the best manager in the country he would be at one of the top Premiership clubs. We still have him and as I have said in many occasions, continuity is what we need and stability in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    ... I am beginning to think that we might as well get behind him as best we can.

I don't doubt you're not the only one thinking like this - but really?? The team needs a lift, it needs our support!
    Are we really prepared to accept a poor run of form as long as it means the manager gets his cards?
    Now we all know he's not getting it right at the minute (or the last 18 months if u prefer), but while he's in charge, he and the team should still get our backing regardless!!

Time is up if he was at any other club he would of been shown the door by now so for me davis out.

I'm not one for being too hasty, but Steve Davis' position is on the verge of being untenable.

Whatever the root cause of the minimal investment in strengthening the first team this season, the squad on paper is better than being all but relegated by Christmas. A certain amount of blame has to lie at the manager's door for some abysmal displays.

That said, I think the overall feeling of despair displayed by many on this board is a little over the top. I wouldn't want to criticise too harshly those of you who (unlike me) have paid for season tickets for your venting your frustrations; but the hard fact is that Crewe Alexandra are are a lower League One/upper League Two side. Being rock bottom of League One may be depressing, but it's well within the normal parameters of where one might expect the club to be at any given time.

Strong suggestions of club funds being siphoned off by a director are far more dangerous to the club's long term health than an overly restrictive wage policy o

[quote="Welsh_Cup_1937"]I'm not one for being too hasty, but Steve Davis' position is on the verge of being untenable.

Whatever the root cause of the minimal investment in strengthening the first team this season, the squad on paper is better than being all but relegated by Christmas. A certain amount of blame has to lie at the manager's door for some abysmal displays.

That said, I think the overall feeling of despair displayed by many on this board is a little over the top. I wouldn't want to criticise too harshly those of you who (unlike me) have paid for season tickets for your venting your frustrations; but the hard fact is that Crewe Alexandra are are a lower League One/upper League Two side. Being rock bottom of League One may be depressing, but it's well within the normal parameters of where one might expect the club to be at any given time.

Strong suggestions of club funds being siphoned off by a director are far more dangerous to the club's long

Quote Originally Posted by crewebacca
    Then again, who knows what some actual belief and ambition might bring?
    Define belief and ambition; Our clubs believes in focusing on youth development, and is very ambitious in this endeavour by throwing lots of money at it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123