+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SD Out

SD Out

Headline on Official Site 'Development Squad In Action Tonight.' How about 'First Team Inaction Last Night?'
    How much longer can this go on? No other club would put up with this incompetence. He is quoted on the OS saying we need to strengthen the squad, get some out and some in. 3-4 months too bloody late Steve; you should have done that in the summer. A pathetic defence, no guts in mid-field and nothing up front. How in God's can anyone turn that around at this stage? No player worth his salt will touch us with a barge pole.

re: SD Out

Trouble us, how long does it go on? Lose at Bradford, then lose at home to Coventry, then it will be 12 games, 4 pts and prob 35 goals against!

Who is going to want the one's that are 'out'? SD has made many mistakes and has finally seen what we saw in August - quite a few aren't up to it at this level. My view is that only Waters, Garrett, Grant and Haber have shown enough to warrant a place in the starting 11.

But the point made on the other thread was that the same could be said of the players that Dario had in the squad when we were 5th from bottom of league 2 and so maybe all these loan players and most of our squad just need managing properly to get the best from them?

Can anyone really explain what's happened to Brad Inman this season? It may just explain the situation elsewhere in the team? The best player here and on the bench makes no sense whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    But the point made on the other thread was that the same could be said of the players that Dario had in the squad when we were 5th from bottom of league 2 and so maybe all these loan players and most of our squad just need managing properly to get the best from them?

Can anyone really explain what's happened to Brad Inman this season? It may just explain the situation elsewhere in the team? The best player here and on the bench makes no sense whatever!
    The man we went to a lot of trouble to sign and paid a fee for him. Could this be down to man-management, a lack of motivation from the management or simply a lack of self-motivation on Inman's part? He should be our guiding light, but sadly he is not. Another enigma about our club.

Despite Steve showing us a lack of loyalty when he went for interviews at Burnley & Wolves 'for the experience', I would stick by him until Christmas at least.

He's made mistakes in the transfer market - which Manager hasn't - and for that reason I think the Board are reluctant to empower him with any more cash. The more they trot out the 'money's too tight to mention' line from the top down, the more we get sucked in and Steve is left staring at a bleak loan list.

If we could drop another Aneke, re-sign Uche and please God sign a decent centre-half we might get out of this.

Finally, I just wonder whether signing a commanding 'keeper on loan would help. Shearer looks very error-prone - you only had to read the reaction of the Rotherham fans to realise that we'd signed a duffer. I rate Ben highly, but maybe the defence needs a strong presence behind them to come out & claim crosses.

In defence of Ben Garrett, I don't believe he has done much, if anything, wrong this season. Shearer is a poor signing if he is supposed to be challenging for the position of number 1. I would suggest we would have been better signing a rookie and throwing the support behind Ben from the word go. SD has not done well in the transfer/loan market this season and not that great last season except for Chucks and Uche. Evans was ok but nothing better than that which was available from within. Currently, he needs to find a creative midfielder from somewhere and a goal scorer (although if we had the creative midfielder we may already have the goal scorer). The return of Harry Davis is not going to do any harm either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Crew
    Despite Steve showing us a lack of loyalty when he went for interviews at Burnley & Wolves 'for the experience', I would stick by him until Christmas at least.
    Codswallop! Did you never, ever go for an interview for another job while you still had the existing one? SD has every right to apply for anywhere, and I respect the man for looking upwards, not across or down.

If he's not a suitable Alex manager now, what makes him better/worse at Christmas?

My opinion on this is worthless: it's up to Davis and/or the Board. Currently and publicly (whether that means anything in private, I know not) Davis says he's staying because 'he's not a quitter', and Bowler also says he's staying.

I agree with you, AL, that it is quite within Steve's right to apply for and be interviewed for other posts. The other side to that argument is that very few of us are on 2 or 3 year rolling contracts with all the benefits that might mean if we were made redundant. I realise that this protects both manager and club but there are plenty of people who have been made redundant locally with much less attractive packages.

To me, the best reason to make the manager is if he has lost the dressing room. All of the rumours from there, together with the displays on the pitch by the team and individual losses of form, suggest that he has and is therefore a candidate for losing his job.

It is pretty common knowledge that a prime reason for Max's reluctance to sign a deal with us was the way he was treated by the manager, and there are plenty of others who feel the same, including his own son. If that is the case then, I am sorry, but it will be time for us to thank him for his great efforts

Why are fans so against MA? He has made some comments about us on occasion but so what?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast