+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Marketing

Marketing

Is our marketing dept. clueless or what? For my sins I 'follow' the Alex on facebook. Post announcing prices for the Chesh Cup game against Whitton - £5 and £1 concessions. Guy asked if students are concessions; answer a firm NO. In a town with a load of students why not advertise it on campus and let them in for a quid? We might hook a few as regulars, although the way we are playing at the moment... It's just symptomatic of the shambolic way the Club is run.

re: Marketing

Good point well made. The club's marketing and publicity department is at least 10 years behind the times and particularly poor.

They do not tap into potential income streams and offers that you highlight; when I was at Uni (admittedly 35 years ago!) I was in a city with a top division club and students received cheap entry then. I don't suppose the Prem would still do so, but for an U21 match? - really pathetic.

Mind you, have you tried reading the website or the programme? Any student worth their salt would spend more time correcting the numerous errors in both. They are amateur productions that would put a non-league club to shame.

re: Marketing

Shrewsbury Town,who hosted Elton John in concert a few years ago,have opened a shop in the town centre,on a 6 month trial selling tickets,merchandise.
    As I live in Shrewsbury,and walk around Crewe town rarely,I have noticed there a lot of empty shops in the centre(except polish,and pawnbrokers)would it not be a good idea to do the same.