+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Some thoughts on a new manager

re: Some thoughts on a new manager

[quote="Bolton_Warren"]I'm baffled as to why the Bolton fans want rid of Gartside.

I would be happy with one from below.
    Chris Hughton, Malky Makay, Brain Mcdermitt.

Malky does tend to play long ball but what the heck it got results under BSA and Mugson to some extent.
    Not sure about Hughton but I'd imagine he plays a bit more football, does anyone know?
    Mcdermitt was accused of long ball but reckoned when he was at Reading they could vary their tactics and play it on the ground or go long.

End of the day I just want an experienced guy in who can lift morale, identify a playing system that suits our players and get results by hook or by crook.

Alan Nixon has just tweeted that Phil Brown is not in the running for the Bolton job.

Come on Gary give over, a laughs a laugh and all that.

If Phil Brown isn't in the running then neither is Scott Green. We don't want either of those two.

Quote Originally Posted by gallopingchip
    If Phil Brown isn't in the running then neither is Scott Green. We don't want either of those two.
    Just heard that we can forget Jimmy Phillips too.

Where are you getting your info Gary? Twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by lord_hooray
    I am confused by your post, you sound like a wum but you may be genuine as well. If you really do think Freedman didn't deserve the sack and Gartside is blameless I am amazed.
    In no way did I suggest that Gartside is blameless: just the opposite, I believe he is very blameful.

Phil Brown is now odds on favourite with the bookies.

Then it's Tony Mowbray, then Nigel Clough, then Malky Mackay in that order.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gartside didn't go for Nigel Clough.
    It's rumoured in Sheffield that he's had the call from Gartside asking if he wants to be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by referee_its_offside
    Phil Brown is now odds on favourite with the bookies.

Then it's Tony Mowbray, then Nigel Clough, then Malky Mackay in that order.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gartside didn't go for Nigel Clough.
    It's rumoured in Sheffield that he's had the call from Gartside asking if he wants to be considered.
    Clough is crap enough so yeah I imagine its true.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)