+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delusional

Delusional

I think the problem's are far greater than whether Ellis is there or not , simply for the fact that if things weren't going well SD always left him out anyway.

For me George Ray is a huge problem, we struggled at the beginning of last season when he was playing, he heads the ball out of the box in some games but overall has no real authority, coupled with his off field antics he's a liability. However his place doesn't seem threatened.

It really is time for Davis to go and there be a complete change in club strategy , producing our own players is ok but it is becoming more difficult to move them on.

I think our survival chances at present for this season are nil, so the sooner we change the manager the better.

re: Delusional

Quote Originally Posted by supercrewe

For me George Ray is a huge problem, we struggled at the beginning of last season when he was playing, he heads the ball out of the box in some games but overall has no real authority, coupled with his off field antics he's a liability. However his place doesn't seem threatened.
    I Think that Ray is at the heart of the problem, for me he is totally inept! too many of our goals conceded when he is on the pitch are directly from issues with Ray! Blindly heading the ball of the top of his head into the path of an opposition player, seen this at least 4 times this season!

But, they are a team at the end of the day so the whole back 4 are to blame, along with the guys in mid field, and the forwards, Manager, Assistant manager, Directors...all of them.

Were doing our bit, paying for season tickets, going to the away games, buying shirts mugs and other merchandise.

It's a tad unfair just to blame one player, but I have agree about Ray. He is another Bankole - if he's in the team the opposition are guarenteed at least one goal.

He's starting to look like Richard Walker. Other than QPR away, he has to be the worst defender ever to grace an Alex shirt.

Davis is coming back so Ray can have a breather for a month or two...

Dario said Ray would make it to the Top maybe he meant the Rubbish tip

Hang on mo!

Davis thought Ellis was not good enough and yet he didn't drop someone called Davis from the team did he when he was really struggling at times too and gave away pens willy nilly.

SD is useless and not one other club would keep a manager with 9 losses from 11 games still be in his job and its got sod all to do with whether the players are good enough. The Port Vale match proved they can be and so he is failing to get them motivated. Picking the wrong team. Hacking off our best player ie Inman and gates are dropping like a stone!

FFS guys stop harping on about how good the academy WAS and start shouting at both manager and board to sort it out or resign en mass!

Did ManU keep Moyes because they had won 19 league titles previously? No! Remember what Bowler said when it suited?

Its a RESULTS business!

Also sack Dario and NB as we cannot afford to spend 250,000 pounds on passengers who are well past their sell by date but the club is scared to tell Dario his time is

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58
    I agree with your posting. But I do feel that Ellis would have been useful right now, particularly in the absence of HD
    Essentially correct - But our centre backs this season had to be HD plus Duggy or Ray - because these 3 were already contracted

The club could hardly offer Ellis 3 months til HD got fit and any longer option would see Ray get no game time - which might be good of course?

Plenty of posts 18 months ago slated HD but he is most supporters first choice centre back now and he will play a league higher in his career

My money is on Ray to become as good or better but he is still learning

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXKNOWALL
    I agree with your posting. But I do feel that Ellis would have been useful right now, particularly in the absence of HD
    Essentially correct - But our centre backs this season had to be HD plus Duggy or Ray - because these 3 were already contracted

The club could hardly offer Ellis 3 months til HD got fit and any longer option would see Ray get no game time - which might be good of course?

Plenty of posts 18 months ago slated HD but he is most supporters first choice centre back now and he will play a league higher in his career

My money is on Ray to become as good or better but he is still learning[/quote]

Harry Davis will quite probably come back into the team and show no reaction to the injury that has laid him low for months. However, it was a bad knee injury and it is possible that the player will struggle for some time and will not get back to his best for sometime. We c

Davis has always looked a decent player, even when he was being played out of position, so the manager is unlikely to drop him. He is a better centre half than Ellis, Ray may end up being a better centre half than Ellis but isn't yet. Ellis was most definitely a better centre half than Duggie and I completely understand why Ellis was released although I don't agree with it. It is going to Take Harry a while to get match fit and be back to his best but it was noticeable that when he returned to the team last season after injury he brought a certain calmness to the defence. Let's hope his presence does the same this time!

Ellis got a 2 year deal at Shrews so why would he have accepted 3 months or 12 year here if he was still wanted anyhow?

meant 1 year sorry, whoops!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast