+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delusional

re: Delusional

Very well said MikeSB, my thoughts exactly. Apart from the Vale game, I've not enjoyed watching the Alex this season - if I hadn't a season ticket I wouldn't be going this Saturday. With Davis in charge we are down.

Spot on again mike. Well said.
    Harry davis is not better than ellis...stats will prove that.
    He will not improve things in a defence he was so brilliant in last season. How many goals we concede?

Davis was and is our best CB. we have missed him this season although I wont say we would have won all the games hes missed as that's crazy as we aint even scoring goals atm. Ray on and off field is certainly a liability. he needs spend less time on twitter and more time tryin cut out the many errors he makes. and Mike u keep bringing up the academy and Dario and Bakes. its getting boring readin it on every thread now. so we get rid of Bakes then have no assistant and a chance of not findin another Varney, Dario is no DOF and helps run the academy so he aint exactly sitting with his feet up like many directors.. ppl keep sayin get rid or dopwn grade the academy but if we didn't spend time on it then we wouldn't have seen the likes of Westwood Murphy Powell etc

Well said Kingkennylunt. On all points.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    SD is useless ...

Did ManU keep Moyes because they had won 19 league titles previously? No!

I'm not having that.
    SD useless? What garbage!

Interesting you bring up Moyes.
    No investment, no joy, gets the sack!
    Van Gaal comes in, he doesn't hit the ground running either - but 2 marquee signings later, (Di Maria and Falcao), and suddenly the garden's rosy!

Investment!
    That's what Van Gaal had that Moyes didn't!
    And SD too, for one reason or another, is being denied that opportunity as well.

Oh dear!
    Is that a cue for another Academy rant?

Just looked and we have lost 11 out of 14 games played.

Great. I wonder who is to blame?

I did a piece on the academy again and lost it...

One major problem with our model is that it only survives by selling a player a year for half a million, probably more now. So what happens when we don't? The second problem is we are only able to attract kids mainly who live local and so miss out on the thousands of lookalikes that live elsewhere.

Why have a local conveyer belt that survives on hope when you can scout all the thousands of players from other academies from the PL and CC in particular where one may think they would be as good if not better than ours but not given a chance to play? In addition to the thousands that play non league and amateur leagues. Then expand that to world wide and you can see how parochial our club thinks.

Most fans will accept that most teams we have played this season and last have better players than us and so we all accept there are other models

If it costs 600 grand for our academy then that suggests there are for example ten employees on 60 grand a year including NI etc. Or more employees if on less than that and so can ANYONE please explain how the costs are not just 600 thousand now but ONE MILLION pounds?

That suggests lots and lots of non first team staff and yet we can't afford to increase the players wages? Just what and who is taking all that brass?

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    SD is useless ...

Did ManU keep Moyes because they had won 19 league titles previously? No!

I'm not having that.
    SD useless? What garbage!

Interesting you bring up Moyes.
    No investment, no joy, gets the sack!
    Van Gaal comes in, he doesn't hit the ground running either - but 2 marquee signings later, (Di Maria and Falcao), and suddenly the garden's rosy!

Investment!
    That's what Van Gaal had that Moyes didn't!
    And SD too, for one reason or another, is being denied that opportunity as well.

Oh dear!
    Is that a cue for another Academy rant? [/quote]
    Say what you like about MikeSb`s rants but,if the majority of the money is going to the academy and not to the first team,I don`t mind reading them.
    As I have said and so many others on this site,SD ticket holder`s and ticket payer`s have paid good money(which we find harder each season,match to find) to watch the Alex put in rubbis

Oh I know, does anyone know how many players we sold on BEFORE we went over to Reaseheath? ie when we were at Shavington and what year that was?

You know what all these staff are doing at RH?

Just like the plod does these days. Spend all their time on computers!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast