+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Delusional

Delusional

Just listening to SD on the radio...his summary "much better"!!!

What 2-0 not 3-0?

What planet are you on man?

re: Delusional

I wasn't at the game, didn't listen on the radio either. However, by all accounts from the tweets I was seeing, we were certainly in the game in the second half. I suspect that the manager is trying to inject some much needed confidence in to the team. To hear everyone criticising what is a predominantly young squad is not going to help. It doesn't look good at the moment but there is plenty of time to turn this round. Maybe forget the playoffs for this year tho eh

We could never defend, now we cant score either when did a team with those qualities ever succeed or survive. Personally I think hes had long enough,whatever permeatation he uses it fails ,how long does he get christmas,February,do we blunder on supporting a man who cant either get them playing for him or arnt up to it.crowds dwindling by the game,and who can blame them.

Totally agree times up.
    Blame lack of funds all you want but look at players released and replacements...broken promises since june about new signings...tactics..subs..line ups.
    Look at stats for every game. I cant remember a season where crewe have had less possession in every game. Every game the opposition have double or more shots than us. 3 times or more corners.
    All this after being told in the summer the squad is better than last season.
    If we had been in administration or something dramatic like blackpools situation maybe you would give him time but quite frankly its been a pathetic start. Davis out!

[quote="Adester"!!!

What 2-0 not 3-0?

What planet are you on man?[/quote]

Yes totally agree it was depressing to hear his upbeat comments so is it ok to still get beat if we were much better.

Didn't sound like it listening to the match commentary they had so many corners it was untrue - it was depressing to listen to ! Then we did our usual cave in after they scored - what the ... is wrong when we go behind? If thats our best defence god help us !

Will someone on the board wake up take off the rose tinted glasses and realise we are in the mire and do something about it instead of the usual crap we are getting out of Gresty Road or are you MORE interested in promoting Christmas Parties on the web site!

Quote Originally Posted by alexsi
    Blame lack of funds all you want but look at players released and replacements...

Totally understand the frustration but if I can just pick you up on this point, re: the released ...

One is now a regular in another L1 side, is a striker, but has bagged just ONE goal this season - so you can't be referring to him!
    Another, although very recently tracked by Clough at Derby, is now plying his trade albeit as a regular, down in L2 - so you can't mean him either!
    And then there's that CH who is also plying his trade in L2 - from the subs bench - I hope you don't mean him!!??

Then there's the transfers out!
    Pogs - well, at least we got a fee and it was a career move. I don't think we could really have stood in his way.
    Max - well, he wasn't the answer when he was here anyway!

So I'm not sure we are weaker for the one's that are gone, more for the ones who are still here but are not performing to the required level, (insert any

I think you are spot on there Somerset. The players who have left that I think we have missed is Ellis. Mellor had one good season for us but was poor last season which is why he got dropped. Ajay doesn't look a striker at League 1 level. Chuks is the one player from the last 2 seasons who we have really missed and Uche would be a useful addition to the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58
    I think you are spot on there Somerset.

... and then you go on to disagree!
    So which one is it?

I agree with your posting. But I do feel that Ellis would have been useful right now, particularly in the absence of HD

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58
    I agree with your posting. But I do feel that Ellis would have been useful right now, particularly in the absence of HD
    Good point, Tim. You see, we all see things from different perspectives. I liked Ellis and he was indeed instrumental in keeping us up last season, especially after HD went off the radar for the run in. We paid money for him and SD could have kept him. He wanted to stay and the board (as mentioned by another poster on here) offered him the funds for such a scenario. However, as I think he said at the Q & A session, SD did not think that he was good enough for the team. Strange that, as he was good enough to play 81 times over two seasons in L1.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast