+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Today's Cup Final

re: Today's Cup Final

A club with proper FA Cup winning history Vs FA Cup cheating Skates

Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer
    Meanwhile here comes the trophy counter again. Probably important if you are a football historian but there are so many other, and better, ways to gauge your experiences if you are a real fan.
    Do any of these count?

1. Watching your team win the FA Cup Final at Wembley
    2. Watching your team play in the Community Shield at Wembley
    3. Watching your team win an FA Cup Semi Final as underdogs against a manager you dislike.
    4. Watching your team play in another FA Cup Final
    5. Watching your team beat your local rivals 4-1 (home and away).
    6. Watching your team take on one of Europe's finest at home in a classic match.
    7. Watching your team win divisional titles (twice).

I realise none of this can compare to watching your players train at a posh centre in the New Forest, or selling youth players on for big profits to clubs that win

[quote="proclaimer"]
    Not really. I've already done 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (although by different scores) and 6 with Saints. You could add finishing second in the top flight and 3 other cup finals to my Saints list but that still isn't what I meant.
    I'm on about things that really matter. For instance, the JPT is dismissed by people on here (probably because you've never won it) but to me that final is the best of the lot. Not because its a biggest status cup we have won. I am fortunate enough to have seen us win the FA Cup and I loved every minute of that day but 2010 was the first Saints cup final that I went to with my son. Although you dismiss it because of its status to me it wouldn't have mattered if it had been the European Champions league final, that day could not have been better.
    Or spells like 1980-1984, you would just say that we didn't win anything, but to me that was one of many enjoyable times as a Sain

Surprised that only 4259 turned out for Saturday's L2 cup final

Take that Stevenage!!

3-2 in Your Cup Final!!

How embarrassed are you?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234