+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Connoly

Connoly

After the stick we gave Hughes,Brown and Ben Haim,I cant believe we are not slaughtering DC for his apparent "sit on my ass and get paid loads every week"attitude

re: Connoly

Saw him going into training the day I sussed out where we could park for the Luton stiffs game. He wants to play from what we hear and read but Awfs aint going to pick him. Meanwhile no one seems to want to take him on loan. He'll see out his contract won't he ? It's an expensive pot mess for me

So he is training and wants to play...mmmmmmmm interesting.If true then its Awford that is the whatsit in the woodpile.
    He could play for the stiffs surely..that Hardymans team isnt it.

But Awfs is on record saying he has no part to play here meanwhile he continues to be paid. Doesn't make sense to me

who knows.awfs might have a good spirit in the camp and doesn't want it going tits up with connolly amongst it[if it is true he disrupted it under last managers reign] just a shame he has to be paid,anyway i thought he said he couldn't train

Yes ,if he is training,then he must be in the squad...unless he trains alone

Has he got a squad number ?
    The times I have seen him play he has looked very classy in patches. We certainly need someone who can finish. I wonder how many chances we have had in the last 3 games for a return of 1 goal. Hartlepool and York hardly rank as defensive giants.

He's number 35.

I believe more has gone on than what we know but surely some pride should be swallowed and Connolly should be given a try. He's definitely the best out and out finisher we have at the club.

The pisspot trophy would be the ideal game for him.

Connolly's 37 so there's a good chance he's past it. Anyway, if his attitude was so bad under Whitts and Barker then no way should he be given a chance. If he had anything about him he'd be looking elsewhere for work rather than hanging around Pompey.

I'm sure he is looking (out of contract in the summer) but nobody seems to want him. Maybe they are frightened off by his reputation I don't know. I don't understand why he isn't included in the Stiffs at least. It would give him games at the very least to help hopefully a loan move being negotiated. Awfs seems adamant that he hasn't any part to play with us so meanwhile he just trains.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)