+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Now I Know !!!!!!

Now I Know !!!!!!

At a time when our performances are at a low ebb, and given a fortnight to be amongst our players,
    our leader has opted out in favour of our National Team.
    Bitterly disappointed but not surprised.

re: Now I Know !!!!!!

I am surprised you find this strange. You could argue that he should not have taken the job in the first place, but once he had, there is no way he would pull out. Apart from anything else, if he did, it would be a sign of desperation, that certainly would not help the players confidence.

Don't agree with your point.
    One of the many things missing from our performances this season is CONFIDENCE and that comes from the top and should filter its way down.
    But it is not there.
    I see it that the players would admire him for concentrating his efforts on them rather on others especially at this trying time.

Perhaps the only reason remains Fir Park is due his extra income from Scotland job. If McCall tempted to move assume salary would need to compensate his loss of Scotland income as doubt any other would accommodate his dual roll.
    For this reason can't see him moving any time soon. Care not a jot if stayed home during qualifiers as can't polish a turd.
    We need to review his responsibilities … stop Scotland duty and he'll be off .. no sacking or compenasation = affordable

It's like Groundhog Day ------ McLeish all over again. He was a media darling who inherited a decent side, and expertly took it from 2nd top to 2nd bottom.

McCall for Easter Road anyone ?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)