+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DLF Forum

re: DLF Forum

From memory a few of the DLF lads aren't white. Whilst I agree there is nationally strong associations between football hooligans and right wing politics, it is far from 'a football hooligan is a bald white racist'. Interestingly the original skinheads were left wing, but I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Briscoe
    Bald OLD FAT white gay hating racists is probably a better description.

I used to work with a couple of DLF guys when i was a student in the 80's. Numbskull thugs the pair of them. No need to glamorize
    this kind of nonsense at all ...
    You still seem very much in school the way you post on our board.

Numbskull.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear DCFC

With regards the EDL comment...lol

Yh the EDL and the DLF would be a million miles apart. Big bald white thugs who hate paki's and muzzies, but love a scrap (and there favourite Nigel isn't a clough)[/quote]

I'm nothing to do with the EDL or DLF, but this stereotype about football hooligans is ridiculous. I know as an absolute fact the DLF aren't at all racist, and have in fact had a lot of trouble with the EDL over their differing views. Anybody associated with the DLF will be offended to be called a racist.

I'm not in any way a part of any of that nonsense, nor am I an advocate of it, but the "bold, white racict" part isn't a fair description of them at all.[/quote]

For once you're wrong. Yes it's a stereotype, and it's a stereotype for a reason. My initial comment was tongue in cheeky, but ther

As so many of the problems in the world are caused by lazy stereotyping i find it interesting that so many resort to it so readily, when they have no understanding of the subject matter. Dangerous premise from which to base an argument.

Anyway, I am no racist; simply put I like to study football culture and believe it or not, it didnt always involve sterile atmospheres and face-painting.

My question has been answered so thanks for that and as to the debate- at least it livens up the board between games.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    Bald OLD FAT white gay hating racists is probably a better description.

I used to work with a couple of DLF guys when i was a student in the 80's. Numbskull thugs the pair of them. No need to glamorize
    this kind of nonsense at all ...
    You still seem very much in school the way you post on our board.

Numbskull. [/quote]

Hahahahahaha funny that. If only you knew!!!! It's as if there is a role reversal goes on on these boards when people think they know the poster and what they do. You might find some use it for a bit of fun to have some banter and discuss football. It's amazing what the boredom of an airport waiting lounge can do! Those that seem the most mature and balanced are probably students at derby uni

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)