+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Becchio Injured??

re: Becchio Injured??

Quote Originally Posted by rufc1986
    Fair enough. Good knowledge there Ellis.

I remember those games. The Swansea game was poignant after the prevouse year, and we murdered them. Was it on a Tuesday Night at Millmoor?

The 3-0 at Brentford was the day we knew we were Promotion Contenders. We just kept racking up the Away Wins that year.

And the game at Wrexham, was it when Branston got sent off for stopping a quick Free Kick? Right in front of us I believe in the Away End.
    Yes, I remember being devastated after the previous year. Obviously had we beaten them, we would have won the title, so although we finished second, it felt deflating; we certainly weren't celebrating a promotion as we would have been under any other circumstances. And both penalties that day (ours especially!) were dodgy.

And yeah, it was a Tuesday night at Millmoor, obviously you were there, as always. Those were the days we played the 3-5-2 under Ronnie.

I never went to Brentford or Wrexham,

Alan Lee was best no 9 in my 49 years watching Rufc. Back to Becchio if a player can't play surely he goes back to his parent club. Remember Norwich sent us a player no where near fit, they can't have no arguments.

Becchio tweeted broken heel out 3 months.

Evans says fracture to heel out about 6 weeks.

That says to me it's not Becchios account or Evans doesn't have a clue

Quote Originally Posted by millertop
    Becchio tweeted broken heel out 3 months.

Evans says fracture to heel out about 6 weeks.

That says to me it's not Becchios account or Evans doesn't have a clue

This article helps clear that up a little bit. I think Evans is putting a brave face on it, being hopeful. - view external link

Link isn't working for some reason. Here's what it says anyway:

"Luciano Becchio faces a race for fitness to make another Rotherham United appearance this year, after injury struck over the international break.

TThe 30-year-old Argentine initially seemed to suggest he would be out of action for the rest of 2014 with a broken ankle, following his early Monday morning post on Twitter: “I want to say that I’ve broken my ankle and I’ll be out around 3 months but I’ll be back more strong...”

However Rotherham manager Steve Evans moved to allay fears Becchio, who joined on loan from Norwich on the summer transfer window’s deadline day until January 1, would be sidelined until weeks after the end of his initial spell in Yorkshire.

“Regretfully Luciano will be out injured for at least six weeks with a fractured heel,” said Evans. “He picked up this injury in a behind closed door match, at a point when no player was near him and he twisted to make a run in the opposite direction.

“The pla

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234